GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,669
0 members and 1,669 guests
No Members online

Old 09-29-2018, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Gotta say, I don’t blame Niece one bit for not wanting SIL around. SIL may be her bio-mom, but it takes more than blood to be a parent, as BIL has apparently shown.

Congrats to Niece on KD!

Old 09-29-2018, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Wow! SIL is a piece of work! Yay for niece and KD!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
I’m in the middle of nowhere but I’ve already started to fill out rec letter forms because I like having my hands busy. I’ll have girls rushing at SMU, USC, Syracuse, Boston U, and Northwestern. I’m wildly excited but my hands are cramping.
NORTHWESTERN!!!! Please, please, please post that story. My alma mater. And feel free to have your niece PM me for any advice, although I went through ages ago.

Congrats to Niece and KD!
Old 09-30-2018, 09:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow! How in the world did SIL, who hasn't been seen for 10 years, find out where you were staying?
Old 09-30-2018, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

My capacity for suspending disbelief has officially reached its limit.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
Wow! How in the world did SIL, who hasn't been seen for 10 years, find out where you were staying?
Facebook isn’t private and she’s friends with my other sister in law. We’ve also only ever stayed at the one apartment in Seattle and she’s been there, I think it was luck of the draw honestly.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Old 09-30-2018, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think you commented before about how DD4 is not as loved or as special as DD3. Let me say this now and let me say this clearly. My children aren’t people to be pitted against one another or compared, DD3 has gone through a lot of bad things in her life and she takes a philosophical approach to things, DD4 has always gone in with guns blazing. They’re both the same in my heart, they’re both loved just as much. Niece and DD3 do not speak due to some comments niece has made in the past about “saint” DD3. DD3’s 50 hours of community service are what she feels like she has to do to give back to her community, she was extremely ill when she was younger, she had women from a local sorority chapter volunteer at the hospital she was in and DD3 saw the difference it made. If you have a problem with her volunteering, feel free to take it up with me if not, please refrain from backhanded comments, it’s unkind.

Also, I’m sure that she reads these threads and I don’t want her or her sister exposed to people comparing them or assuming how much they’re loved by me or who is the favorite. Neither of my daughters need to be subjected to subtle microaggressions from fellow Panhellenic women.
Wow...given all that we have learned from your stories, I'm pretty sure that if your girls read these threads, my snarky comments will be the least of their concerns.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Wait, so back in Round 1 when she said Black Eyeliner had too many Asian women, the PNM herself was actually Asian? That certainly puts a different spin on things, I suppose.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
Agreed! The info about the chapters just doesn’t add up if you are familiar with the campus and 2018 recruitment results. Plus, it’s over the top in every way. I am glad it’s fake- it reflects poorly on the UW Greek community and sorority values in general.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

So, this was all fake? Interesting. In that case, I feel better saying this:

Quote:
I think you commented before about how DD4 is not as loved or as special as DD3. Let me say this now and let me say this clearly. My children aren’t people to be pitted against one another or compared, DD3 has gone through a lot of bad things in her life and she takes a philosophical approach to things, DD4 has always gone in with guns blazing. They’re both the same in my heart, they’re both loved just as much.
If PearlGirl13 felt the same way I did when I read your initial description of DD3 (that she's "the love of your life"), I understand why she made those comments. It's not obvious to your readers that your daughters are loved equally. I'm glad to see the bolded. I hope you mean it (assuming any of this has been true).
Old 10-05-2018, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Thinking that this person is trying to write a book...and was using this forum for a trial run. Maybe this person is who they say they are, however, too many strange happenings in rush for this to be really true. I could definitely be wrong...you know what they say about truth being stranger than fiction.
Old 07-01-2023, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Any idea who this was?

I would love to know who this was. Esteemed “DDD” come back and reveal yourself! Were you workshopping a book? Just bored?
Old 10-23-2023, 08:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Your SIL needs a swift throat punch with brass knuckles
Old 10-23-2023, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post
Your SIL needs a swift throat punch with brass knuckles
Jill! It's been awhile! Hope to see more of you in the near future.