GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,188
2 members and 2,186 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 01-29-2008, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Question would you blackball

Would you blackball a chick who went to a rush for a different sorority and then decided it was in her heart to do another sorority? What if it were your sorority? How would you handle that person? Would you give her the benefit of the doubt and treat her equally?

Last edited by SoIcey212; 01-29-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: forgot the ? icon
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIcey212 View Post
Would you blackball a chick who went to a rush for a different sorority and then decided it was in her heart to do another sorority? What if it were your sorority? How would you handle that person? Would you give her the benefit of the doubt and treat her equally?
I'm going to wager a guess and say that you're talking about NPHC sororities?

NPC sororities encourage PNMs/rushees to keep an open mind, rush as many sororities on campus as possible, and find the one that best fits her.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
I'm going to wager a guess and say that you're talking about NPHC sororities?

NPC sororities encourage PNMs/rushees to keep an open mind, rush as many sororities on campus as possible, and find the one that best fits her.
Yeah I'm talking about NPHC. I figured it wouldn't matter either, I just want to know everyone's thought on the subject.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Do not do it. For the NPHC, Rush is the first step toward membership, it is not time to be wishy-washy to pick when organization you desire seeking membership. You should have completed your research before Rush.

How did they let you in to the room if you were still in the decision stage? Just asking?

If you have done it, you could wait until after graduation and even then, folks may still know about you.

When you do it, it looks like you only want letters and wear a T-shirt and you are not committed to the organization of your choice.

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana

Last edited by AKA_Monet; 01-30-2008 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
Do not do it. For the NPHC, Rush is the first step toward membership, it is not time to be wishy-washy to pick when organization you desire seeking membership. You should have completed your research before Rush.

How did they let you in to the room if you were still in the decision stage? Just asking?

If you have done it, you could wait until after graduation and even then, folks may still know about you.

When you do it, it looks like you only want letters and wear a T-shirt and you are not committed to the organization of your choice.
I never thought about it that way. I just thought hey you made a mistake or you were stuck in a situation in which you were sort of dragged into and you finally decided to pull yourself out. I was wondering what people thought because we have mad talk about a girl on campus. She is cool people and I think she would make any org. proud. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject matter at hand.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I never thought about it that way. I just thought hey you made a mistake or you were stuck in a situation in which you were sort of dragged into and you finally decided to pull yourself out. I was wondering what people thought because we have mad talk about a girl on campus. She is cool people and I think she would make any org. proud. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject matter at hand.

**smirk**
Old 01-30-2008, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA View Post
**smirk**
Stop being cold blooded like a mammal!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

You will find many times that young women or men will make rash choices and then find out that it is not what they thought.

Why? That is for them to know in them selves.

So, like anything else, they find it is not for them and try to move on and upward.

Is that then not supposed to be what we as Greeks do?

Never make a prejudgment, you could be very wrong.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 01-30-2008, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Chuck Norris doesn't have just one blackball. He's got two. And he's using both of them on Earp for giving out incoherent advice on a sorority forum.

Last edited by Chuck Norris; 01-30-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: because chuck norris doesn't have to have a reason to edit
Old 01-30-2008, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Chuck Norris doesn't have just one blackball. He's got two. And he's using both of them on Earp for giving out incoherent advice on a sorority forum.

Post of the Year.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hearting Chuck.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hearting SWTXBelle hearting Chuck.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SHEETCAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Old 01-30-2008, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

lol

i <3 Chuck Norris & SHEETCAKE
Old 01-30-2008, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Cali...born, raised and the home of all forms of my education
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA View Post
**smirk**
LOL.. IlovemyAKA I was sort of thinking the same thing. I'm curious to know like the entire situation, however if she has morals, determination, goals in life and has a great heart I'm sure she will find her place in life and like you stated SoIcey you belive she would make any oraganization proud so she just has to put in WORK. I do think that she should just chill for a while because I do know some people are going to look at her in the wrong way. They may feel like she played them so what's going to stop her from playing us as well. I personally wouldn't blackball her because I know that some people just get into spots that can be hard to get out of.