GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,177
1 members and 1,176 guests
3DGator

Old 09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

A Very Disney Recruitment LIVE -West Coast:) :)

Hey Girls! I have LOVED greek chat and everything that you girls have helped me through going through recruitment. I have so much fun reading these recruitment stories and now its finally my turn!!!!!! im right in the middle of rush this very moment o my break so here is my story......

I go to a school with a semi competitive greek life i had rushed last year not knowing anything about greek life and after the first round dropped because i was just so overwelmed. i hated my decision all year. So...im back as a sophmore and have been loving the whole process,the girls are amazing and their house are beeauuutiful

i absolutley love love love disney so i decided to name all the chapters after disney girls...i dont know if its been done before?? lol but here they are:

Ariel
Belle
Aurora
Snow White
Cinderella
Pocahontas
Jazzmine
Tinkerbell
Meg
Nala

So there are ten houses...the last two days have been so busy but sooo much fun! i will post my first round very soon! i hope you read and enjoy!!! <3
Old 09-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

good luck to you.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Yay! I did Disney princesses as my code 3 yrs ago!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Just finished house tours today....i am so in need of sleep right now it is crazy but i had so much fun today.

so i will start with round 1. It was broken off into 2 days for all 10 houses. i met my rho chi and my walking group and headed to our first house of the night. (our first day started at night for the first time...it was sooooo cold but we had to deal with it.its probably better than rush back east where its freeezing. im just so spoiled with the weather that even if its 50 degrees i freak. lol

okay so this is the breakdown of how i felt about each house...although i had heard and known a lot about the houses being a sophomore i really want to keep an open mind going into rush...so here it goes!

Ariel: i didnt really know if Ariel would be the place where i would fit but i wanted to see for sure. our rho chis burst or do the house chant for the chapter before we enter. inside we could see the girls dancing along with the burst. it was so cute! the first girl i talked to was soooo energetic and really friendly and had a lot of good things to say about Ariel. the second sister i met was nice and we had a good convo and i really connected with the next girl! our convo was really natural and funny! the last however just didnt seem very interested to be there or talk to me. so i had mixed feeling about Ariel.

Belle Next we headed to Belle.i had been to open houses last year for this house and was invited to a few events last year. so i felt comfortable in this house. i absolutly fell in love with the three girls i talked to!!! they were super friendly and the conversation was just so easy! i really connected with every girl i met! i really liked this house so far.

Aurora I had heard reputations about this house but tried not to let it affect my time there. i had known a few girls in some of my classses and thought that they were really cool girls! i enjoyed my convos here. but i wanted to get to know the house more.

Snow White I had heard many things about this house and didnt really know if i would connect with any of them. i was double rushed and the girls were friendly for the most part but i just didnt feel like i fit right with the girls.

Cinderella the next day we continued with the 6 other houses. Cinderella was a house that i had really liked last year. it felt like a really fun cute house. the girls i met were really nice but some were a little forced but really good overall. they were really nice and i wanted to get asked back.

Pocahantas i didnt really think i would enoy this house as much as i did. i loved the girls i talked to! they were so down to earth and really paid attention to everything i had said about my self. i had an easy time talking with them and wanted to see them the next day.

Jasmine i had friends who knew jazzmines and said they were really nice down to earth girls. the house was gorgeous!!! and i liked the first girl i talked to. the next two were really nice too but pretty basic conversations.

Meg i was double rushed with a a girl in my walking group. although the girl i talked to was very nice we never could get past the forced questions and it never felt very natural.

Nala i had been waiting to go to this house all day!!! it is one of my favorites and i had to wait all day to finally be there! i talked to a few girls and they were so sweet!! i didnt connect great with a couple girls but it was the end of the day so i wanted to get to know them more...i really wanted to see them again.

so by the end of the day we choose our top 8 and bottom two. i chose:

1.Nala
2.Belle
3.Aurora
4.Cinderella
5.Pocahantas
6.Ariel
7.Tinkerbell
8.Jasmine

Bottom 2:
9.Snow White
10.Meg

I will post round 2 soon!!!! so excited for tomorrow but kinda nervous.... now i neeeeeed to sleep!!! good night! thanks for reading! wish me luckkkk!!

Last edited by BrynLuvsU; 09-24-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:46 AM
GreekChat Member

You wrote Meg twice on your rankings. Oh, you didn't tell us about your visit to Tinkerbell or rank them.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

The princess from Aladdin is spelled "Jasmine", unless you want to spell it your way...
Old 09-24-2009, 09:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
I love all the Disney movies you're using but I'm going to have to go with my absolute favorite, Belle!
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

oh my gosh so sorry! it was a really long day yesterday...guess i was getting a bit loopy...lol.

Tinkerbell The girls were super sweet and seemed like a strong sisterhood. i wasnt quite sure if id be a fit for them but i was hoping to come back and get to know the house more...

and that would be in place of the Meg in the top 8. thanks LucyKKG!!!

i should of known it was with an s instead of z's for jasmine. silly me!

Tonight is greek pillars night and we have a total of 5 houses to ask us back! so so so nervous but very excited! House tours will be up soon!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

HOUSE TOURS:

Early the next morning we would meet our rho chis for our schedules. i was so anxious to see who i would be asked back too.I was soo nervous!! but i felt like i didnt have a bad experience at any of them and was hoping for a good schedule.....she called my name and i read my list......

Aurora
Belle
Nala
Jasmine
Tinkerbell
Meg

Dropped From:
Ariel
Snow White
Cinderella
Pocahantas

I was very very happy to see Aurora,Belle and Nala but was sad to lose Cinderella and Pocahantas...i really thought i did well at these houses. but i know that i will ove the houses that wanted to see me back too. so i tried to not let it get me down

Aurora This was my first party of the day. I had dropped before house tours last year so i had no idea what to expect from this point on. i was so eager to see what the houses would be doing but anxious because i didnt know what to expect. Aurora's theme was alright but the lines they said as they called us in were precious!! i loved that part because they make you feel so special i talked to a sister for longer this time one on one. we talked about our schools and other things we had in common. then i toured their house with a senior girl i met. we could catch ourselves talking and forget to tour the rest of the house! they also have a sun deck which i loved! it was so easy to talk to her and they both made me excited for the year ahaead. i definitly loved this house even more but still was worried about the rumors i had heard....

Belle I had really liked Belle and was happy to be back. i loved their theme,it probably was one of my favorites o the day! Some girls stumbled on their lines and it was a little distracting but very cute overall. i talked to alot of girls in this house. but i never felt 100% connected with any of them like i had the day before. i love their house and still wanted to give it another chance.

Nala I was so so happy to be back a Nala! This has been one of my favorite houses for awhile. throughout these houses i had had many breaks and my energy was starting to leave me...even after huge cups of coffee!! Their pick up lines coming into the house were so adorable. i love how they call the girls in individually for every chapter! anyways so i talk to a few girls who were all nice.I also met the president who i really liked a lot she had so much energy. the first two girls i probably got along with the best. the next two i felt werent really into talking as much but maybe they were getting tired?? i was a little bummed that i had not LOVED this house like i thought i would! but i still really want to go back and see more.

Tinkerbell This house also had a very cute theme. i loved the creative things they had done with the house. and the rooms they had showed me were probably my favorite of the day! i enjoyed it here but still wasnt sure if it was a perfect fit for me.

Jasmine Probably the prettiest house i had seen! it was so big and they have a beautiful courtyard! it is now late in the night and i know i was getting exhausted but wanted to give every house a fair shot. Everyone i talked to in this house was so friendly,loved their chapter and were very involved! i could talk easily with many girls in the house.

Meg Last house of the night! i think i was about to crash right then and there but i stuck it out! i only talked to 2 girls in this house. they had a cute house but again, i never felt that comfortable talking to the girls...it was kinda forced and i didnt feel like they were letting me talk a lot.

Overall it was a fun and exhausting day! i guess my one concern is that,like today, if i dont connect with EVERY girl in a house...thats normal right?? i thought i would find one that i absolutley love but right now im still trying to decide.....idk its so confusing!! but i know i cant wait to be in a house...i have wanted this so long and i just cant believe its actually happening!

i met my rho chi and ranked my top 5 houses:

1.Nala
2.Aurora
3.Belle
4.Jasmine
5.Tinkerbell

Bottom:
6.Meg

Tonight we get a max of 5 house invites back....average about 3 or 4. im really nervous that my tops choices will not ask me back! even though i would be happy in the others too. wish me luck!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Quote:
Overall it was a fun and exhausting day! i guess my one concern is that,like today, if i dont connect with EVERY girl in a house...thats normal right?? i thought i would find one that i absolutley love but right now im still trying to decide.....idk its so confusing!!!
Yes, it is absolutely normal. In fact, it's more normal than connecting with every girl in the house, because it is what happens when you're an active sister. I do truly love all of my sisters with all my being, but I am closer with some than with others due to shared interests/experiences/personalities. It's the way of life.

Don't try to force a connection, you're better off listening to your gut and using your experiences in the process. It's great that you don't have a favorite RIGHT NOW, you have lots of room to change your opinion before the final decision, and if you read through some recruitment threads, you'll often find that PNMs change favorites day to day, and some don't even decide until the bid card is signed. Just relax and enjoy this experience.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

GREEK PILLARS

You can ave a total of 5 houses this night and i was hoping i would get my favorites back........

and i did!!!!!

Belle
Aurora
Nala
Tinkerbell
Jasmine

Dropped:
Meg

i was soooo happy to get asked back to Nala, Belle and Aurora. the others were great houses too and i had been dropped from Meg a house i didnt feel was for me. so i was a very happy PNM..

though it was exciting to have a full schedule...i had to narrow it down from 5 to my top 2 for that night. really really hard!!!!!! so anyways here's the houses.....

Tinkerbell This house has really nice friendly girls and their theme was so beautiful. but i never felt like i could see my self there. i had talked to a fair amount of girls and not really any of them i felt really cliqued.

Aurora This house makes me so confused. i went into rush with a preconceived notion that i wouldnt like this house. i got asked back and loved house tours. again i loved it even more tonight. i honestly had the best talks with the two girls i met, one being a sophomore. we talked about the most random things that had never come up before in other houses all week. and their presentations about their standards were awesome and in the sisterhood presentation the sister was getting choked up. making me almost choke up too...which was the only house of the entire night that had done this. Love Aurora but still wary just because of the reps that i had set in my mind...btu i really liked them....so yes im confused.

Belle Loved their theme. another one of my favorites. i was paired with a girl i had met before and was a little bummed because we never had a great connection and i wanted to meet new people. but it went okay,a little awkward at times but it happens. thier presentations were so cute! and we helped make gifts for their charity which was so different than the other houses. again the next girl i talked to was okay but she would look around or stare and other places when i talked. she seemed a little distracted but overall really nice. i am still unsure about this house. i had such a good time the first night i still wasnt sure tho.....

Nala Next was Nala. As you know i had always wanted to LOVE this house. but again i never felt totally connected with any of the girls i had met...it just never seemed natural. i thought i could see my self there but i hadnt really loved it when talking to the girls. so i was very confused at this point and was not looking forward to making my decision.

Jasmine Last was Jasmine. I talked to about three girls. a lot was about their house and of the events that go on but not a lot of actual conversation. i got along great with them i guess i jusrt loved the natural convos of Aurora that i just couldnt get it from this house easily. when they spoke of their sisterhood,which was a very cute presentation btw,it really showed that they had a strong bond. i really liked that aspect of their house i just didnt know if it was for me....

So i made the horrible trip back to my rho chi to make prbably the hardest decision i had made that whole week. I knew i wanted Aurora as my top but it was between Nala and Belle to make my 2nd. i thought i would fit with the girls of Nala but hadnt gotton great vibes from the girls. in Belle i know they are super involved and had really cliqued with some of the girls but i didnt know if id fit in with them. my rho chi helped me through it since she coudl see i was freaking out about it and finally reached a decision........

1.Aurora
2.Belle

Bottom 3:
3.Nala
4.Jasmine
5.Tinkerbell

omg sooo incredibly hard and still doubt my self from time to time but i guess i cant turn back now right??? i just hope i find the best house for me and that i made the best decision.......

Pref night tonight. very excited. i heard its more intimate and i will probably ask more about the houses' sisterhood. because i think that my biggest concern is that i wont fit with the house i choose. im probaly freaking out for nothing but idk...its stresssful! but im very excited for tonight

Last edited by BrynLuvsU; 09-25-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Update, Please!
I hope pref went well, and that you found your home!
Old 09-27-2009, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope everything goes well!