GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,513
1 members and 1,512 guests
speedsters

Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Convention 2015

Announced at the Rose Banquet tonight, Convention 2015 will be the July 1 - July 4, 2015 in Boston!

Make your plans now!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AUAZD2001 Send a message via Yahoo to AUAZD2001
Exciting to be in such a historic city on our nation's birthday! Did they announce the hotel?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

The hotel is the Sheraton Boston

Here's the link to the reveal video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILHqCV3XKj4
Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I am personally so excited for this, as I grew up in New Hampshire and my immediate family still lives in the area! It will be so fun to combine our next Convention with a trip to see my family. I'm also hoping that my double sister (biological & Alpha Xi) who lives in Maine will be able to attend part or all of Convention with me! And, Boston has so much to offer, so I think we'll have lots of Sisters making the trip!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
AWESOME!!! Boston is on my bucket list--here's to hoping I can make it
Old 07-05-2013, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Boston is a great trip for everything except DRIVING. At least its historic buildings and 300 year old narrow roads are a reasonable excuse, as opposed to some other cities that just need to suck it up and pay to improve their roads.

But there's SOOOO much to do in Boston, from full bore history lesson to screw the history, let's party! and everything in between. Throw in a side trip to the Maine coast for a few days, and you've got the trip of a lifetime. Kennepunkport if you're classy, Old Orchard Beach if you're not! Needless to say, I liked OOB better
Old 07-05-2013, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Enjoy, my panhellenic sisters! I just got back from KDs 2013 Convention at the same location. It's really nice - because there is a mall attached to the hotel, so there are more food options for all the early morning coffee runs and snack attacks! Get excited! It's a trip of a lifetime!
Old 07-06-2013, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm definitely looking forward to the convention in Boston. I'm trying to save my pennies for 2015.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

as a newly minted AI and mom also of a fellow Xi, can anyone tell me their Convention experience and why one would go? I know the leaders are there and we honor them but if you are not receiving an award as a reason to attend, what is there to do? My only experience with seminars is boring insurance ones...is this fun? what if you don't know anyone else going (since my new sisters are all mostly fresh/soph collegiates?) Has anyone gone and if so, is it worth planning for 2015?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
I went to the convention in 2005. I had a great time meeting sisters from all over the country, sharing ideas, and just having fun. Meeting sister is easy because we are all AXiDs. Many of the programs they had were very interesting and didn't put me to sleep. It was every educational and a great resource for the chapter. If someone has a the chance to go to a convention I would highly recommend it. I am saving for Boston now.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 10-29-2013, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I would echo everything Flirt has said. I've been to 17 conventions. Some times as a chapter officer, some times as a regional officer, some time just as a "member visitor". There are programs for alumnae and collegiates. There are meals and business meetings and time to do fun things.

I highly recommend going.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been to every convention since 2005, when I went as my chapter's delegate. I love it because I meet new sisters and make new friends at each convention, and I look forward to seeing old friends. Case in point - I met AZ-AlphaXi here on GC before convention in 2005, but then I got to meet her in person there.

There are alot of educational programs for the collegians, and alumnae associations/advisors. There's national initiation, state of the fraternity information passed down (which is alot of fun) banquets, sisterhood events etc. My first 2 conventions, I did the full package, but they offer smaller packages that only include certain events... So for example, if you aren't a delegate and aren't REQUIRED to be at all events, and you'd rather sleep in or go shopping/sightseeing during some events, you're more than welcome to.

Convention is FUN. Come. You won't regret it.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Boston is a great trip for everything except DRIVING. At least its historic buildings and 300 year old narrow roads are a reasonable excuse, as opposed to some other cities that just need to suck it up and pay to improve their roads.

But there's SOOOO much to do in Boston, from full bore history lesson to screw the history, let's party! and everything in between. Throw in a side trip to the Maine coast for a few days, and you've got the trip of a lifetime. Kennepunkport if you're classy, Old Orchard Beach if you're not! Needless to say, I liked OOB better
Pardon the crash, but I am so excited for y'all to have convention in Boston! It truly is such a wonderful city, except for the driving which DubaiSis mentioned. My one bit of advice is CHECK THE TRAFFIC REPORT before you drive anywhere. Driving can be a horrific snarl if you don't plan ahead, and if the Red Sox are playing it will be even worse (unless you want to see a game, of course). The T (local train line) is cheap and convenient in my experience, and it can save you a lot of driving time and confusion if you're staying within the city limits.

Also, shoutout to southern Maine! Old Orchard Beach is gorgeous, and anyone who goes up to Maine will be obligated to get something with local blueberries in it because the blueberries are absolutely delicious. If you've ever wanted to try some real New England lobstah this will be your chance. I could wax about southern Maine for days because my grandparents have lived there my whole life, but I'll pipe down now Can't wait to hear back on how it goes.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Does every chapter send a delegate? are they required to or limited to just one? Since we're all collegiate except for about 8 mothers over 2 yrs installed (and I don't think everyone is really active, maybe 3-4 of us will be though?), wonder if they would have one of us go and if so, how much it costs? Do you pay to attend to represent your chapter or does ea chapter send one to "represent" and you pay your own hotel etc? just curious how it works since it sounds like EVERYONE thinks its worth going!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Every chapter is required to send one delegate. Most of the time there is a budget item set aside to pay of one member. Some chapter could pay for more. However, that does not mean more sister can't go. There are some chapter that have a lot of members especially if Convention is near to them.

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again