GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,100
0 members and 2,100 guests
No Members online

Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile alpha phi - eta chi recruitment

last year, all of the members of alpha phi, eta chi graduated and left the chapter, so we're starting off this september with only 5 members. we are really enthusiastic and want to recruit a ton of new girls.

we are a very small campus, with only one other competing sorority. we want to bring girls to join alpha phi that want to have fun, help with our philanthropy, and be an active part of the university community.

do any of your larger sororities have any tips for us for recruiting this fall? we don't have a house but are planning on looking into one for next year.

any tips or ideas you have is great! thanks so much!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-05-2009, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

PMing you.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:35 PM

So in other words - the 5 members left are all rushing for the first time? As in they just pledged and have never been on the sorority side of rush?

You need to contact your HQ ASAP to help you with this. They should at the very least send you a consultant to give you some rush tips.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Have you contacted Headquarters? Maybe you could get an ELC to come out and help with rush if this is the first time for everyone.

None the less, good luck on rush. Keep us posted!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaina_k View Post
last year, all of the members of alpha phi, eta chi graduated and left the chapter, so we're starting off this september with only 5 members. we are really enthusiastic and want to recruit a ton of new girls.

we are a very small campus, with only one other competing sorority. we want to bring girls to join alpha phi that want to have fun, help with our philanthropy, and be an active part of the university community.

do any of your larger sororities have any tips for us for recruiting this fall? we don't have a house but are planning on looking into one for next year.

any tips or ideas you have is great! thanks so much!
They should also be young ladies that exemplify the ideals/values of your sisterhood. Also, if you only have five members left come September, I would go ahead and also be planning informal recruitment events for after formal recruitment.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I know I've mentioned this in other threads, but is there a nearby chapter than can help you? It helps to practice conversation & things like that before recruitment. When you're practicing w someone you don't know very well, it makes the experience a little more authentic.

Same goes for other NPC chapters in your school. Maybe you can team up and just practice ?

Good luck to you !
Old 06-16-2009, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe lauralaylin is/was an alumni volunteer for Alpha Phi, so I'm sure she's in the process of helping out this poster. (I only know this because my wife is an Alpha Phi, and lauralaylin had mentioned it in an earlier posting)
Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid View Post
I believe lauralaylin is/was an alumni volunteer for Alpha Phi, so I'm sure she's in the process of helping out this poster. (I only know this because my wife is an Alpha Phi, and lauralaylin had mentioned it in an earlier posting)
Yes, this poster and the chapter is being helped out. Thank you everyone for your help though!
Old 06-27-2009, 02:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to the sisters of Eta Chi! Let us know how things go!