GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 997
0 members and 997 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2018, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Transferring Schools & Affiliation?

Hey guys! I’m currently a freshman at a small private school, but for my sophomore year, I’ll be transferring to a much larger state school! I’m currently debating whether I should affiliate with the chapter there or not. At my school, my chapter is probably mid-tier, however, it’s apparently in the top 5 at the state school. I’m a bit worried about the culture and how well I’ll fit in. Although I’ve always been a pretty decent fit for the sorority girl type here, I’m not sure how intense it is at larger state schools where Greek life is a lot more competitive?

Is it difficult to affiliate with your chapter? aka is it as difficult as it would be to go through rush at that school? Is there typically hazing (like, real hazing) for sisters who transfer and affiliate at larger school?

Also, how does the decision to try to affiliate work? I’ve been told I would transfer schools first and then make the decision by my EC, but how long do I have to make the choice? Or is that different depending on my chapter?

Thanks for the help! 💗 I love my sorority and can’t imagine suddenly not being part of Greek life but I’d be a bit anxious to try to affiliate if the process is going to be hard on me when I’m already transferring schools.

(Note: since I know a lot of people are very against this, no, I didn’t have any idea that I would end up transferring when I rushed or was initiated, but I wouldn’t change that if I could because I love my letters)