GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,068
0 members and 1,068 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2008, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJpnm View Post
I am brand spanking new to GC and just read Blondies retro story. It was GREAT. My Mom (and Dad) were horned frogs. She wasn't in a sorority ...tried rushing as a sophmore and dropped out. No bad feelings "it just wasn't for her." She is encouraging me to try it. I will be coming from far away and it is a great way to meet friends and get involved.

PS: she was there 20 years ago and said the "stereotypes were the same" But to remember they are just stereotypes!
So you will be at TCU too? That is great.

Definitely plan on recruitment... it is a great way to meet people before school even starts. But... you will need a letter of reference ("rec") for every single house. The TCU website will tell you that it is the responsibility of the chapter to secure the rec for you. Trust me... get them yourself, and have them sent to the chapter as early as possible this summer. Read the various threads on here about Texas recruitment and securing letters of references.

There will be plenty of Texas girls going through recruitment who think they know everything... stereotypes to the houses, how bid matching works, etc. Ignore them all. I never met a rushee/PNM who really knew what she was talking about.

As for the stereotypes... well, I was there almost 20 years ago, so what I posted may have rung true for when your mom was there. (okay, I now officially feel very old....) However, based on PMs and guesses that I received from current sorority women at TCU, I can tell you that quite a few chapters have really changed in the interim. Go in with a completely open mind and have fun. Plus there are now 2 new chapters that were not even there when I was there- Sigma Kappa and Gamma Phi Beta.

And when you are shopping for your outfits... bear in mind it will be 100 friggin' degrees every single day.