GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,294
1 members and 1,293 guests
znathanhulzeo24

Old 04-20-2010, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for lane swerving, but beatlesfan87, have you considered non-collegiate sororities like Beta Sigma Phi?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva View Post
Sorry for lane swerving, but beatlesfan87, have you considered non-collegiate sororities like Beta Sigma Phi?
Many times, people don't want to consider those other types of orgs because they are stuck on wanting an NPC group (and their dreams of joining an NPC from college) and they don't allow anything else to fill that niche. Not saying that BSP should be a "replacement" for an NPC, but joining an NPC after college isn't going to happen for everyone (not everyone is even going to be considered for AI). Sometimes you COULD fill that niche with a community based group, but you just don't want to open up to the idea.

Lakers Nation.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't get how people who have never been part of a sorority would know "how much they can offer" a sorority as an AI.

For an eye-opening experience, I suggest talking to active alumnae of sororities (people you know) and ask them just what it is they do as alumnae. Most of their efforts are focused on helping nearby chapters (if one exists) in various capacities (advising, assisting during recruitment, mentoring the collegiates), and carrying out and meeting the sorority's ideals and interests.

Perhaps you will understand what people are trying to tell you.

Why not find organizations that you have something in common with? (Yes, BSP is something you should look into - adult women who are looking for a sisterhood). Perhaps people who similar goals or interests. There are so many paths to personal fulfillment. Just find the right one for you.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Many times, people don't want to consider those other types of orgs because they are stuck on wanting an NPC group (and their dreams of joining an NPC from college) and they don't allow anything else to fill that niche. Not saying that BSP should be a "replacement" for an NPC, but joining an NPC after college isn't going to happen for everyone (not everyone is even going to be considered for AI). Sometimes you COULD fill that niche with a community based group, but you just don't want to open up to the idea.
I see your point and I agree with you.

It's just that she asked for hope and I was just trying to give her some.....
Old 11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Joining

Wow this thread is something else. This woman is trying to be part of something and enhance service to her community. Why should that be looked down upon. As long as she is joining for the right reasons whats the problem. I thought the whole concept of sisterhood was enhancing yourself and fellows alike. Dont get discouraged follow what your heart tells you!!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 PM

I mean this in the nicest way possible (just so no one thinks i'm being "rude.")

Based on your previous posts, you're a male interested in NPHC fraternity grad membership. This thread is about NPC sororities. You may want to stay in your lane because the 2 are totally differerent and you have zero idea what you're talking about.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden435 View Post
Wow this thread is something else. This woman is trying to be part of something and enhance service to her community. Why should that be looked down upon. As long as she is joining for the right reasons whats the problem. I thought the whole concept of sisterhood was enhancing yourself and fellows alike. Dont get discouraged follow what your heart tells you!!
This thread ended more than 1 1/2 years ago... I think she has moved on. You should, too.