GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Tau Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 881
2 members and 879 guests
g41965, Sarak24034

Old 06-11-2002, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Your Fabulous Big/Little Sister

Last edited by BrownEyedGirl; 07-29-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:15 PM

I met my big during my senior year in high school. She was dating my boyfriend's older brother. He came home to visit one weekend and took her with him. We all went to dinner one night and she sat there and talked my ear off about ZTA. After I joined, we started hanging out a lot. I knew from day one that I wanted her for a big. She was always very involved in the sorority with different executive positions. Whenever I had my doubts, she would always be there to help me realize how much ZTA is a part of my life. I don't think that I'd still be ZTA if it weren't for her.
I met my little during retreat (we ended up in the same hotel room together). She ended up dropping at the beginning of this past year . I am littleless now. I don't know if I'm going to take another one because I will be a senior so a) I won't have that much time and b) littles are very, very, very expensive.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I have 4 lil's and a great big!! My big sister and I meet when I was a sophomore in high school. She and I were both involved with a christian orginazation. Then when became a new member she cam and hugged me on bid day and I knew I wanted her for my big. My first lil, Whitney, and I meet during rush and we hit if off from the begining. My 2nd lil is adopted her big was my roommate in college and droped Zeta the day after Leslie's (my lil) initation. My third lil, Stephanie, was walking with one of my Pledge sisters during the first week of school and I meet her there. She was asking the best time to get book and I told her to go to the local used book store to get them. I took her over there and after that we were inseperable.
My fourth lil, Natalie, I had never meet before. She never made a pref card for big sis and I did not either and I got her, but she and I got along great and are very close.

At my chapter we choose big sis by signing a pref card (both new and initated members) and the New Member cordinaitor matched up bigs and lil.

For the new members to find out who their big were we did one of 4 things:
1) rope game. the lil's entered the lodge and found it covered in string, they were each given the end on a peice and had to follow it to thier gift, and in the gift was a note stateing who their big was.

2) Scavenger hunt: Clues were left all over town and the lils meet up with their bigs at a party at the end of the hunt.

3) the Car game: We all took our cars to a local park and gave the lil a key, they had to try all cars until they unlocked one and on the inside were thier gifts and a note with who thier big was. (we fooled them by bringing our boyfriends car, or having more than enough cars. putting two people together, or switching cars. At one point we had a group of sisters lock themselves in the trunk of thier car and whe they opened it there were thier bigs.)

4) at little sis ritual: the lil were brought in blind folded and the bigs stood behind them and after the ritual was over the lils turned around and there was thier big.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAMichelle
What a fun thing to share!

I met my big,Janelle< the last weekend of school the semester before I joined Zeta. She was the Resident Director of the building I was RAing in. Her first little was also an RA in the building with us but she dropped Zeta the beginning of the semester when I joined. Janelle has since graduated but has taken a position on Res. Life so she's around on campus still which is nice.

Last fall we had a BIG NM class for our chapter 18 so I have two littles. You're right they are expensive!! Both Faye and Lauren are great bc they are so different...which shows my different personalities as well. It can be hard splitting my time with them and also not getting too chummy with one and not the other but we both are really close. Lauren is living in the same complex I'll be an RA of next year with HER little Tara and Faye is in the House with HER little Jenn so I can go to one place and see them all
Old 07-18-2002, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking How I meet my big/lil siser

I meet my big sister Amanda because she was my pledge mom. We were very happy when we found out that we matched up. Her only lil had dropped out the semester before I came in and broke her heart But we clicked and I knew that I wanted her to be my big.
I came in spring of 2001 and I meet this really nice girl named Kathy in my dorm while standing in line for the microwave. We were both living off of roman noodles( ugh that's all I ate for a whole semester because the dorm food was that gross). We began chatting and I mention that I was a ZTA new member and I wanted her to come out to some of our COB events but she never made it. I am SO glad that she didn't because if she had gotten a bid she would have been my pledge sister and not my lil. She pledge fall of 2001 and I ended up adopted Kelly one of her pledge sisters who is a sweet girl as well. I am so proud of both of them and all their dedication to our chapter.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ztaspring02
big/lil

I met my big Erin, at a new member meeting. She is the treasurer for our chapter, so she was there to tell us how much we owe. From that time on I knew she was going to be my big. We hung out every weekend, and went to GROUNDHOG day together. My pledge sisters knew where to find me on the weekends, in her room. At our formal, she accidently slipt and said she was my big. So a week befor big little she told me she couldn't be my big, b/c she didn't have enough money. I was so upset. The weekend after she told me she went home. I was at the one frat. house and just started crying, b/c i didn't want anyone else as a big but her. One of the guys had to take me back to her room, and stayed there with me until i fell asleep b/c i would not stop crying b/c i was so upset, that she couldn't be my big. I even called her, but she didn't answer her phone. She felt so bad, but she is my BIG, and i was very very happy on big lil night. She is the best big in the world! She is always there for me, even if she is six hours away. Being away from her for 4 months is hard, but we still talk to each other everyday. Only a couple more weeks then school starts. I dont' have a little yet b/c i just pledge last semester. But i am sure i will have a good lil.

ZLAM,
Nicki

"To be humble in succes and without bitterness in defeat"
Old 01-28-2003, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTAangel
My BIG was my first "crown big" or "temporary big" when I joined. I knew from the first time I met her that I wanted her to be my big, but because she was a junior I wasn't sure she was going to pick up. One of my best friends from childhood was an older member and I asked her to make sure Rachel was picking up. Rachel called me two days later and asked me to come to her room. She told me that she was picking up and gave me a pillowcase with the creed on it that her big had given her on big/little day! Of course during Big/Little week she convinced me that she hadn't picked up after all, but when I found out that she really was my big I had never been happier!
I met my little, Holly, during Rush, but we didn't get to know each other that well until we were placed beside each other in almost every dance in our Variety Show routine. We talked all during our very long practices. I knew that I wanted her as my little sister, but I had no idea that she wanted me until I got the call from our New Member Coordinator that I had gotten her as my little. I was so excited that I couldn't stop crying. Rachel and Holly- you're the BEST! I love you both.