GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,526
3 members and 2,523 guests
Xidelt

Old 03-23-2008, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Line jackets?

This is probably a really dumb question, but I've never heard of line jackets before, and on joetogas.com I saw that you can get them for any organization and I stupidly ordered one, not realizing they had to do with specific organizations. Now, I'm trying to cancel my order, but if not, would I terribly offend people by wearing it with my sorority letters?

(It has ASA down the side and "alpha sigma alpha" on it, but nothing else, no number or dates or anything.)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-23-2008, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

well if there's nothing else on it, as you say, why cant you just keep it? unless you think youd personally not like your letters on a jacket, keep it.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

It sounds fine to me. I've seen plenty of chapters have those Charles River windbreakers with letters on them.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsoffer View Post
This is probably a really dumb question, but I've never heard of line jackets before, and on joetogas.com I saw that you can get them for any organization and I stupidly ordered one, not realizing they had to do with specific organizations. Now, I'm trying to cancel my order, but if not, would I terribly offend people by wearing it with my sorority letters?

(It has ASA down the side and "alpha sigma alpha" on it, but nothing else, no number or dates or anything.)
There is nothing wrong with this. It's just a jacket.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks everyone! I'm a lot less worried now. I thought I made a horrible mistake.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

My biggest worry is that you actually thought it looked good.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke