GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,293
1 members and 2,292 guests
asydneytianov33

Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Since there is already a thread for Alabama recruitment I felt it best to place this here.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7A7o...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2011, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniformed View Post
Thanks for the help. I will try and breathe a little easier.
And don't forget Delta Gamma's colonization next week.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznSAE View Post
i guess i can put this here. anyone else see this video? lol

http://www.break.com/index/most-emba...itment-2117198
Anyone else see Anderson Cooper's "take" on this? I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHeartOneWay View Post
Anyone else see Anderson Cooper's "take" on this? I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard!
It was also posted on Tosh.0's Facebook page today. It's preeeetty painful to watch. I was a Rho Chi for two years, one on Panhellenic Exec., and I would have refused to rap!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post
I was just coming to post the youtube link for this video. the comments are terrible, but I guess I'm in the minority. I didnt think it was that bad. I thought it was cute.
Some people are going to make rude and ridiculous comments regardless. I thought it was very cute as well...especially being NPHC and not accustomed to seeing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHeartOneWay View Post
LOL yes

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society
Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

I would love to say something positive but that video was pretty embarrassing on many levels. Perhaps these girls should have watched the Kappa's at Baylor do their Kappa Jam...it was cute Anyway, I would love to hear Anderson Cooper's take on this...where can I find it? Is there a link? Thanks ladies!!
Old 08-17-2011, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gung-Ho-Chi-O View Post
I would love to say something positive but that video was pretty embarrassing on many levels. Perhaps these girls should have watched the Kappa's at Baylor do their Kappa Jam...it was cute Anyway, I would love to hear Anderson Cooper's take on this...where can I find it? Is there a link? Thanks ladies!!
I agree. I'm really surprised something like this came out of Alabama considering what a high profile sorority recruitment they have. I understand being funny and poking fun at yourself, but in order for it to come off well it has to be VERY well done done. This really misses the mark, IMHO. It just doesn't fit with the highly polished Alabama recruitment that is presented to the world.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

A bunch of rich white girl wiggas is what's wrong with it. I'm assuming that wasn't their intent, but that's how it came off - to me anyway.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
I agree. I'm really surprised something like this came out of Alabama considering what a high profile sorority recruitment they have. I understand being funny and poking fun at yourself, but in order for it to come off well it has to be VERY well done done. This really misses the mark, IMHO. It just doesn't fit with the highly polished Alabama recruitment that is presented to the world.
That's the whole point.

Kind of like how the gorgeousest sorority at my school dressed up in overalls and farmer clothes for Meet the Greeks.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Just found out my rec girl is attending 10 of 11 parties during philanthropy round (first invitational) at UA. She is a UA legacy at 2 houses, several generations removed though. And an OOS girl. Hoping she finds her home.

The video is silly, but not national news worthy, IMHO. Aren't there more important things to report on? Guess even news directors need a diversion from politics and the bad economy.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
That's the whole point.

Kind of like how the gorgeousest sorority at my school dressed up in overalls and farmer clothes for Meet the Greeks.
I get that. My point is that the execution was poor not the content. It could have been a great skit, but it was so poorly executed that it just made them look bad.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

TriDeltaSallie...I agree with everything you've pointed out! It doesn't fit with the highly polished Alabama Recruitment that is presented to the world...no truer words
Old 08-17-2011, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I must admit I'm a little embarrassed by it. It just isn't what I expect from the Bama Greek Affairs office. G & K, if you read this - sorry!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw the Auburn KD video first, it makes this one look so much better! Sometimes I don't know what these girls are thinking.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

They are having a good time and being silly. The only problem is they post it on utube for a review.