GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,760
3 members and 1,757 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma, speedsters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2012, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

So, she got her preference schedule back:

1. Betsey Johnson
2. Kate Spade
3. Chanel

She was a little sad to see Steve Madden cut her, but she had her top two back - including Betsey Johnson, which she absolutely fell in love with during House Tours/Philanthropy day.

1. Betsey Johnson - after a long talk with her Pi Chi the night before, my daughter really thought that this was the house for her. The preference ceremony confirmed just that. She teared up during the ceremony and loved the girl that she talked to. She said she loved how tight-knit their sisterhood was because it reminded her of her friends back home. She left feeling that this was the house for her.

2. Kate Spade - she loved this preference ceremony as well, and was glad that she wasn't able to cut this house. She knew she would be happy here, but she said that at this point, nothing could compare to Betsey Johnson.

3. Chanel - this was where things got tougher for my daughter. Remember the first day, when I said that she met a girl who's cousin went to my daughter's high school? That was the girl that preffed her, and she said that the girl made her absolutely fall in love with Chanel. She had really liked Chanel all week, and this girl made her question her decision about Betsey Johnson. This house really seemed like it had a great sense of humor and it seemed like an overall fun house. Also, my daughter said she could tell that this girl really liked her, and she didn't want to hurt her feelings if she didn't pref this house first, in case they wanted to give her a bid.

So.. after a long time in the pref line and talking to her Pi Chi again, she decided that Betsey Johnson was where her heart truly was. She still loved her other two choices, and was very happy because she knew she could be extremely happy in all three houses. However, when people talk about getting "that feeling" of where you belong - that's how she felt about Betsey Johnson, and she didn't get that feeling anywhere else.

She preffed:
1. Betsey Johnson
2. Chanel
3. Kate Spade