GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,397
0 members and 2,397 guests
No Members online

Old 01-16-2002, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeeGeeAndi
Question house?

OKay, this is kinda a touchy subject, well kinda. My chapter has a lodge where as most of the other sororities on campus have houses. Having just gone through recruitment in the fall, i know it's superficial but a lot of a girls dont go DG because of the lodge. Not to say we would want superficial girls in our chapter, but i also think that the members of our chapter would like a house because our lodge is so small we rarely do anything there and no one gets to live with eachother so a lot of the girls don't even get to know eachother. I was just curious if anyone had any idea of who this should be brought up to, because i don't want to offend anyone with this subject. If anyone has any ideas about housing or how to bring the chapter closer together, i'd love to hear Thanks!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-17-2002, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
Perhaps you should bring up the subject casually with your president, or at a chapter meeting? Chances are if you're feeling this way, then others are too and they probably just feel uncomfortable bringing it up. As long as you aren't like "the situation now sucks" or anything, I doubt anyone will be offended at the idea of trying to get something going along the lines of housing. It surely would be very expensive to build...and is the plot of land your lodge is on big enough for building, or would you need a new location? Just things to think about...
Old 01-20-2002, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Talk to an advisor. Do you guys have house corp? I was under the impression that any chapter with a living area had one, and your ATC is a member. If you guys don't have a house corp (I know my chapter didn't for a while, even though we've had a house for ages) see about getting one started. Your president, VP:Finance and director of house management (if you have it, or the equivalent) serve on it, along with volunteer alumnae. Our new house corp has been amazing helping us with any decorating issues, food problems, etc. and they can be a great asset to deal with the university or EO or whatever.

If your lodge is university owned, they may give you money to build a house. Ours is university owned on university land, and we pay rent to them. Also, if another chapter on your campus closes for some reason, petition the university or their nationals (whoever owns that house) to let you have it. I know there are a few chapters that have closed on my campus but have shown interest in recolonizing, so they lease the house to other chapters on campus, however they've never been able to recolonize and the other chapters have been leasing forever. Just a few possibilities...good luck!
Old 07-16-2002, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey... I know your pain... Our school has just now gotten houses... ZTA's the only one building right now, but everyone else, besides us, has lots... and our alums don't want to take the next step to get one... It's REALLY frustrating, because I don't know what to do. I'm afraid that without a house, we're gonna be two steps behind the rest of the crew.