GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,306
1 members and 1,305 guests
No Members online

Old 02-02-2011, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Formal Recruitment Skits and Themes

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some ideas for themes for our formal recruitment in the fall. We're at a small school, and we're the only sorority on campus, we've had problems with numbers in the past, but we're on the rise which is wonderful.

So far my ideas are :
Candyland
Superhero
1980's

Has anyone done these themes before/have any other ideas that may be good?

Our girls are pretty laid back, and many wouldn't be caught dead in dresses and heals which makes some of the more fancy party's hard. We also don't have a house and instead live in a hall in the dorms.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you all in advance
Old 02-03-2011, 01:11 PM

If you're the only sorority on campus, why are you putting pressure on yourselves to have themes and skits and dress up in a way that your members don't feel comfortable in?

Be yourselves and get to know the women by talking to them - not by wasting time on themes and skits. Every school's rush is different. Don't look at your chapter at IU or wherever and think you need to do rush in the same manner that they do. The only clothing that's a "have to" is whatever you wear for ritual.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

i agree, to a certain degree. I would not do the skit either-they can be fun, but soooo much trouble and at times they can bomb. why go to all that trouble, expense, stress and aggravation if you don't have to? since you are the only sorority, you set the tone.

however, it could be fun to have a theme for each night. a theme would be helpful if they wanted to make any decorations, but it could be as simple as brightly colored construction paper flowers with green construction paper stems and leaves taped to their hallway to brighten things up, the first night. you could even leave the flowers up for the next night and add additional items to the display(butterflies, ladybugs, dragonflies-you get the picture). sisterhood night, they could take colorful posterboard, blow up cute photos of sisters and put them on the walls of the hallway. they could also tape or tack event t-shirts up on that night and set up displays of parties and fundraisers they have.

pref. night should be much more solemn, so i would take any decorations down that you used on previous nights.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

This past recruitment our chapter did a video slideshow instead of a skit
Old 03-20-2011, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with the previous posters. Skits are so much work. I like the idea of a slideshow and it is a really good way to showcase your chapter. Use fun music that the girls (PNM's) can relate to and keep it about 10 minutes long or shorter. You can use pictures from several different girls and fill in with your common sayings ect. I have seen them done where they are very effective.

I like the themes candyland and superheros. With candyland you could mimic the board game or go the route of a dylans candy bar. I'm not sure about the 80's, but I lived it and I'm not sure how you do that?