GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 2,258
2 members and 2,256 guests
JayhawkAOII
Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink Real World 10

Hey Sorors, Sisterfriends, and vistors! Who all views the MTV show Real World? I was watching the casting special the other night and just wondered who else saw it. At first I was like okaaay this show is getting a little redundant. They cast the same type of people every time. The b^tch, the gay/lesbian, the spoiled brat, etc... But after watching the casting special this time I saw that the cast has alot of color! I am not sure which ones will be going to live in the house or going with Road Rules but I was really glad to see so many people of color selected. I just wondered what you all thought about the people and who you think is going to real world. Me personally thinks that Coral (the complaining black girl) and Ellen (the Asian b^tch) are going to be put in the house together just because they were about to rumble on the casting special show. What do yaw think happened between Sophia and that girl she kissed?????
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-30-2001, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a re-run of the casting special and realized I know one of the finalists.. this guy Segum. He didn't make it onto either show though.

[This message has been edited by SweetestDiva (edited June 30, 2001).]
Old 06-30-2001, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

If you go to the chit chat forum someone posted a link to a spoiler site that gives where everyone is going...HINT Coral (RW) and Ellen (RR) are NOT going to be in the same house....at least thats what the site says

------------------
Speak your mind even if your voice shakes...

[This message has been edited by meeks (edited June 30, 2001).]
Old 07-01-2001, 08:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Ok, I admit I enjoy Real World/Road Rule.
I was surprised at the finalist. Yes they have more color to the show, but dang they are all high yellow(biracial). That attractive dark sista didn't get no play.
Old 07-01-2001, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Chi_ZETABBW:
Ok, I admit I enjoy Real World/Road Rule.
I was surprised at the finalist. Yes they have more color to the show, but dang they are all high yellow(biracial). That attractive dark sista didn't get no play.
Okay, I don't know wether to take that comment with a grain of salt or what. Do you think that all LIGHT SKINNED people are bi-racial. Can't we just be happy that color is color?
Old 07-01-2001, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by MS.REVLON:
Okay, I don't know wether to take that comment with a grain of salt or what. Do you think that all LIGHT SKINNED people are bi-racial. Can't we just be happy that color is color?
Personally, I am happy to see more than 1 black person chosen. They have to add one (token) for good measure. I think us complaining about lightskin vs. darkskin is just pointless. Someone mentioned that it is always us (black people) who make it an issue. I don't think Asians worry about if they picked a tan Asian, a pale Asian, an Asian with long hair, etc. They are just happy they put one on the show this go round! I know I am happy to see folks of color, any shade. I wasn't upset that Heather B. on the first show was dark skined and kinda big (unlike myself), she was their representation of black women and I was happy that they decided to include one of us.
Old 07-01-2001, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to shannieglass
Well..I'm not going to get into my opinion of RW/RR..but one of the girls that was chosen is a graduate of MORRIS BROWN COLLEGE (yes, my beloved school)..Nicole..the one with way too much makeup..Hope she reps with pride just like TECK did (another MBC grad) I might just watch because of her n.e whoo..tis all..toodles!

hoping for blue
shanna
Old 07-01-2001, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Elite asked:

"I just wondered what you all thought about the people...."

I gave my opinion. Color, size, religion, sexual orientation, birth order, school they attend, mother's maiden name, none of that matters to me. I'm definitely not trying to make this a light vs. dark issue, some people are just too sensitive.
Old 07-01-2001, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm used to there being the one token black in the house, but this time there's three - Coral, Nicole and Malik will all be in the RW house.
Old 07-01-2001, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetestDiva:
Just wanted to say that I was really excited because I knew someone on the casting special.. the annoying guy named Segun that was stripping. I'm excited I know him, but he really is that shallow and irritating in person.
I'm glad that they didn't pick him b/c I didn't like his attitude. People would think that's how black men really are...which is not true...But, since you know him, ask him Why was he crying b/c he didn't get picked? Why were some of the other folks crying too? I'm sorry, but it's not the end of the world--you'd then these people were given a death sentence or something...And why is he SO feminine? I know some guys who are slightly feminine as a result of being raised by all women...but he slept with gloves on!! Come on, now!!

I liked Coral; Ellen got on my last nerve...Coral handled it well (I think). My Mom really wants me to try out for the show, but I might not have been able to handle that situation in the same civil way...(she would have been "checked" severely)...She told Coral to "kiss my baby a$$"...I DON'T THINK SO!!

Sophia and Jisela (who says she's not gay or bi) kissing...once again: Come on, now!! I don't know about that one...Whateva floats your boat...And that guy Angel: he has some REAL issues (he seemed REAL anti-gay to me--and that's NOT cool!! )...

"I don't know, you be the judge..."--Hits from the Street

Old 07-01-2001, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Segun (the boy's name is Alusegun, but whatever ), is indeed very feminine. He dated my sister for a brief moment when she attended University of Houston, and he is truly that annoying and shallow in person. Although I must admit his body is bangin. I was never quite sure why she dated him though... the entire time the special was on, I laughed while she cowered in shame. Edited because I forgot the original question about him. I don't know why he was crying really, but earlier in the show he said if he didn't make it, he was taking that to mean he "wasn't special enough" and wouldn't make it in the real world. Like for real. He's just disillusioned I guess.

I think Malik and Nicole will hook up. Maybe Coral can convince him to cornrow his hair... I'm thinking he will be HELLA sexy with his hair braided. Did y'all check those eyes???

Jisela is straight trippin. She tongued Sophia down to help her feel like she belonged?? What. Ever.

I think it'll be an interesting season. I'm especially interested to see how Coral and Nicole get along, because they both seem to have strong, no-nonsense personalities.

[This message has been edited by SweetestDiva (edited July 02, 2001).]
Old 07-02-2001, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

WELL I KINDA LIKE THE REAL WORLD ( ALTHOUGH I COULDNT DO THAT TYPE OF THING) BUT WHY DID SEGUN CRY LIKE A SISSY. DID I MISS SOMETHING.
(BESIDES HE DID NOT MAKE IT) IN MY OPINION WHEN (SOME) BLACK MEN GET ON THE SHOW THEY TRY TO BECOME SOMEONE THEY ARE TRULLY NOT(DAVID WUZ UP WIT THOSE TO TIGHT SAGGING PANTS) THE ONLY GUY THAT I CAN REMEMBER THAT KEPT IT REAL WAS YALLS MAN AND MINE TOO TEC. ( EXCUSE ME IF I SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG
Old 07-02-2001, 12:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Ms Revelon: No I don't think all light people are biracial. I really I don't care about how you feel about my comment. It was not personal towards you or anyone else who is of light complexion. It was a personal observation I made in regard to Real Worlds selection of finalist. My point is that it's just another way to create controversy on the show.
Old 07-02-2001, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HEADHELDHI21:
WELL I KINDA LIKE THE REAL WORLD ( ALTHOUGH I COULDNT DO THAT TYPE OF THING) BUT WHY DID SEGUN CRY LIKE A SISSY. DID I MISS SOMETHING.
(BESIDES HE DID NOT MAKE IT) IN MY OPINION WHEN (SOME) BLACK MEN GET ON THE SHOW THEY TRY TO BECOME SOMEONE THEY ARE TRULLY NOT(DAVID WUZ UP WIT THOSE TO TIGHT SAGGING PANTS) THE ONLY GUY THAT I CAN REMEMBER THAT KEPT IT REAL WAS YALLS MAN AND MINE TOO TEC. ( EXCUSE ME IF I SPELLED HIS NAME WRONG
No Kevin from the first Real World kept it real.

------------------
#10 Sigma (Clark Atlanta University) Spring 1999
Currently: MAL, Southern Region
Old 07-02-2001, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

DST Love...

I agree Kevin kept it real. The brotha was/is DEEP!!! And they haven't been able to find anyone like him...or they don't want to show the world positive, non-shallow(if that's a word) brothas like Kevin. Mohammed was close, but he is still not Kevin.

Two observations...
Segun is two-steps aways from being gay!

And..Malik bears a striking resemblance to Prince(the early years), remember the album cover of Prince with the big afro and the hazel/green eyes....
Closed Thread