GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,629
3 members and 1,626 guests
MSKKG, Tridentia

Old 01-13-2021, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

UC Davis Greek Life split

Very interesting.... looks like sororities at UC Davis are finally taking control over their safety and refusing to deal with fraternities until there are reforms.

Panhellenic and IFC Council Officially Split
Old 01-14-2021, 07:26 AM

Cue the fraternities holding mixers with the dance team, service sorority, etc etc and sorority numbers going into the toilet when rushees find out there is no fraternity interaction or parties.

Wouldn’t it make more sense to give the women the autonomy to have their own parties and invite and exclude whomever they want? This unequal situation will never stop until prohibition in NPC sorority spaces stops.

Also, never have I ever heard of a national policy for a “dry” rush week. If Susie Sigma goes to Applebee’s and has a beer with her nachos, she’s not going to get terminated. Besides you’re butt ass tired. If they mean no mixers during rush week, say no mixers. It’s misinformation like this that keeps the women dependent on men’s GLOs for their alcohol source.

Last edited by 33girl; 01-14-2021 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

33, you've gone off the charts again. This is exactly what the NPC groups needed to do. I wish more would do it. It's not all about an "alcohol source." It's about being respected - and that's far more important than a drink she could go purchase for herself. And just because you've never heard of a dry rush doesn't mean it hasn't and doesn't exist. I assure you, it has and does...first person experience here as a chapter member and an adviser.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
33 are you going off the charts AGAIN? Damn it!

p a w e a since 1899
Old 01-20-2021, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

We were "in ritual" for all of rush week (we didn't close out ritual again until after MS after the final round) - I got absolutely screamed at by an older sister who caught me taking a smoke break. I told her some absolutely choice words back, and ended up sent to standards...but nothing ever came of it.
Old 01-20-2021, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Whether this is the ultimate answer or not, there is a problem on University campuses, and the women should be empowered and encouraged to advocate for themselves to make it safer.