GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,211
0 members and 2,211 guests
No Members online

Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmom3 View Post
Just got a phone call! Daughter got a bid to sorority A...

She is now a happy....

A E PHI!!!!!!
Congratulations to your daughter. She's got some great experiences ahead of her. (I'm just a little biased. )

Congrats also to kkg27.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-24-2008, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg27 View Post
I just got back and I received a bid from kappa kappa gamma!! They took about 70 girls ..i saw someone was asking about quotas

Whoo hooo!! Welcome to Kappa! Hope you enjoy being a new member and that Kappa is the best time of your life!

Loyally
Old 08-25-2008, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I just got back and I received a bid from kappa kappa gamma!! They took about 70 girls ..i saw someone was asking about quotas
Welcome to our sisterhood! I know you're going to love UCF Kappa, the girls I know are amazing! I'm going to be affiliating with the chapter in 2009, I hope. =]

I was also told that Kappa got the biggest pledge class at UCF this year! That's a pretty amazing accomplishment!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Congratulations and welcome to KKG. Big blue and blue hugs from me to you!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

HI EVERYONE! I am finally updating you all on my story. Bid Day was yesterday, and it was so much fun. I am so glad I decided to go through recruitment. All the stress and worrying was worth it!

Burberry-This was my first stop. This sorority had no house, but I was going to try to not let that affect my decisions. These girls were very nice, and funny. I wasnt warned of the overly enthusiastic singing and dancing, so that was a nice (and scary) surprise. I felt like I was in the middle of a broadway musical! Nice girls, but I could not see myself here.

Betsey Johnson- I had heard nothing about this house, so I was really looking forward to it. My "rusher" was the VP, she was so nice and knew everything about the Betsey Johnson chapter. All of these girls were very funny, which I liked. I enjoyed this house but I didnt really feel a connection. [/font]

Prada- This chapter was considered a "top" house. I knew some girls in this sorority that I LOVED! They were all beautiful and super nice. Also, their opening song was super cute and probably the best of the day. I could see myself here, but I needed more time with them!

Chanel: This was also considered a top house. I was very intimidated before going into this house because I had seen the Chanels before and they were so beautiful! Their opening song was so cute, and after talking to them I was not so intimidated. These girls were so nice, and I felt like I had real conversations here. I would love to be a part of Chanel.

Louis Vuitton: I knew I was not going to join this sorority, but I went in with a positive attitude. These girls were nice but I could not see myself here.
Marc Jacobs: These girls did not have a house, and I had never really heard anything about them. I went in with an open mind, I was nice and friendly to my rusher, but she was completely rude to me and ignored me the whole time. I felt like her and her rude friend were mocking me the whole time, I heard rude girl #1 mutter to rude girl #1 "its not like shes going to join anyway" UM HELLO!!!!!!???? I was enthusiastic and happy to be there. I could not believe how i was treated there. They judged me when I did not make any judgements towards them. Dont worry, I told my Rho Gamma everything!

Jimmy Choo- Anything was better than Marc Jacobs, so I was happy to be here. This chapter had no house, but they still seemed very nice and I had fun here. They were so friendly and down to earth. I wouldnt mind coming back here, but they were not one of my top chapters.

Versace: This house was really "home-y" and so nice! These girls were not considered a "top house" but I still LOVED Them. There song was so cute, and every girl I met was so excited and enthusiastic for all of us to be there. I loved this house and wanted to come back.

Fendi- This house was huge! The girls were gorgeous, but a little "too" nice. I felt like they were being a bit fake. They were very friendly though. There were many rumors about this house but that didnt really affect my decision. I wanted to come back to get a better "feel" on this house.
Gucci- Last house of the day, super nice house. The girls were nice too and probably the most enthusiastic. Really pretty as well..Every girl i talked to was so energetic and nice. I felt like I had good conversations with the Guccis. I liked these girls, but wasn't sure how much. I needed more time.

I ranked my houses 1-10
1. Chanel
2. Prada
3. Fendi
4. Gucci
5. Versace
6. Betsey Johnson
7. Jimmy Choo
8. Burberry
9. Louis Vuitton
10. Marc Jacobs

There were so many girls going through recruitment, and I was EXTREMELY nervous. Let's just say I slept many two hours that night. I was freaking out! I was hoping to get invited back to atleast my top 5. We could be invited back to a maximum of 7. Ill update later

Last edited by UCFlover; 08-25-2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: editing
Old 08-25-2008, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

So there is good news coming!!!! Can't wait to read it and I'm very happy for you!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm so excited to read this story! I can't wait to hear what happened for you!!
Old 08-25-2008, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, bless your heart for coming back to tell us your story! I'm so glad it has a happy ending. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BellaBerlee
Oh I really can't wait for more! And at the end, if you feel comfortable, could you PM the code names?

Awaiting the next post!!
"In a word, to be loyal under any and all circumstances to my fraternity and her highest teachings..."
Old 08-25-2008, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear your happy ending!
Old 08-26-2008, 06:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to UCFStefanie
woo hoo those are my sisters!!!!! I cant wait to see more pics
Old 08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLoveTheta View Post
Yay! Can't wait to read the rest of your story! While were waiting here's a pic of Kappa Alpha Theta's Bid Day at UCF!

Whole Chapter
Awwww Theta Love ladies!!!! Looks like some fabulous new members!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmom3 View Post
Just got a phone call! Daughter got a bid to sorority A...

She is now a happy....A E PHI!!!!!!
Congratulations to her and AEPhi! I love a happy ending. I can't wait to hear where UCFlover ends up
Old 08-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Banned

UCFlover more of your story. please and thank you.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug10474 View Post
UCFlover more of your story. please and thank you.
Ditto - I'm dying here!