GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,813
2 members and 1,811 guests
MSKKG, PiperJarma

Old 08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelcaopi View Post
You know you're bored at work when...

AXO - 81
ADPi - 81
AGD - 78
AOPi - 80
Chi O - 78
Tri Delt - 75
DZ - 80
GPB - 62
Theta - 81
KD - 69 (not sure what happened there...)
KKG - 75
Phi Mu - 81
Pi Phi - 79
ZTA - 81
Sure, I know we all want quota, blah, blah, blah, but these are phenomenal results by any standard. Alabama just pledged more new members than most colleges do in a four year window.

And a 60+ pledge class is a heck of a successful recruitment if you ask anyone who is sane.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaGamUGAAlum View Post
Sure, I know we all want quota, blah, blah, blah, but these are phenomenal results by any standard. Alabama just pledged more new members than most colleges do in a four year window.

And a 60+ pledge class is a heck of a successful recruitment if you ask anyone who is sane.
um, I'm not sure if this was directed at me because I definitely didn't mean to sound like any chapter did bad but since it was my post you quoted I'm assuming it was. I never said the chapters shouldn't be happy with 60+ pledges and I assure you I am completely sane. I was just surprised that KD didn't make quota because they're considered such a strong sorority there. I have a friend who pledged KD there last year and her pledge class was huge. It wasn't meant to be an insult in any way. And it makes sense that their chapter had gotten so big they were just being extra exclusive. I think everyone wishes their chapter had that luxury!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

What a beautiful chapter! It's so nice to see so many sisters spreading the AOII way of life.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
um, I'm not sure if this was directed at me because I definitely didn't mean to sound like any chapter did bad but since it was my post you quoted I'm assuming it was. I never said the chapters shouldn't be happy with 60+ pledges and I assure you I am completely sane. I was just surprised that KD didn't make quota because they're considered such a strong sorority there. I have a friend who pledged KD there last year and her pledge class was huge. It wasn't meant to be an insult in any way. And it makes sense that their chapter had gotten so big they were just being extra exclusive. I think everyone wishes their chapter had that luxury!
Sorry! I was just quoting you because it had the numbers, not because of any comments you made.

I think we all get a little weird about quota when we should just enjoy the good results.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaGamUGAAlum View Post
Sorry! I was just quoting you because it had the numbers, not because of any comments you made.

I think we all get a little weird about quota when we should just enjoy the good results.
oops, no worries then! I just didn't want anyone to think that I was commenting on how badly a chapter had done for only getting 60+ members... that's the size of two pledge classes combined at my school!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
oops, no worries then! I just didn't want anyone to think that I was commenting on how badly a chapter had done for only getting 60+ members... that's the size of two pledge classes combined at my school!
I also hope all of you didn't think I was putting anyone down for not making quota - I only thought it was strange that my chapter did not, because they usually do so well and from what I have heard this year is no exception.

I do know that the larger chapters are allowed (required?) to drop a higher percentage of PNMs at each release session, I do not know if because KD is the largest house on campus, if they can determine if they want to meet quota or not. I do know that last year they had over 220+ members and speaking from experience - that house is too small to fit all those girls!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sure nothing went "wrong" with KD at Bama--they are still one of the strongest chapters in the country for Kappa Delta, regardless of whether or not they took quota this year.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Super Proud!

I am soooooooooo darn proud of my Bama Gamma Phi sisters! This the best they have done in years and so well-deserved!! Wahoo!!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPhiBLtColonel View Post
I am soooooooooo darn proud of my Bama Gamma Phi sisters! This the best they have done in years and so well-deserved!! Wahoo!!
Thanks!! Us advisors are going to need all the alum support we can get!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to ALL the chapters at Bama! For all of the chapters to do that well, your recruitment system is obviously working well and each chapter should be proud of the accomplishment!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to all the new members & chapters for doing such a great job! (esp. ADPi )
Old 08-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVisKD View Post
I also hope all of you didn't think I was putting anyone down for not making quota - I only thought it was strange that my chapter did not, because they usually do so well and from what I have heard this year is no exception.

I do know that the larger chapters are allowed (required?) to drop a higher percentage of PNMs at each release session, I do not know if because KD is the largest house on campus, if they can determine if they want to meet quota or not. I do know that last year they had over 220+ members and speaking from experience - that house is too small to fit all those girls!!!
chapters with higher return rates are required to release more pnms than a chapter with a less successful return rate. each sorority can decide how many pnms they want to invite back as long as they do not exceed the percentage allowable by campus panhellenic. they can also decide how many girls they want to extend a bid to-i do not believe that it is mandatory to pledge to quota.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk_bama View Post
Thanks!! Us advisors are going to need all the alum support we can get!
I wish I lived closer because I would love to help in person; email me if there is something I can do from a distance!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Did I miss it?

Maybe I missed something in earlier posts...what chapters can still participate in COB? My daughter ended up dropping out , but she's signed up for COB. Also, did any chapter do snap bidding?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:02 AM

The groups that can still COB are those that are under campus total. You should probably contact the Greek Life office to see which these are.