GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,388
1 members and 1,387 guests
bapitytts7552

Old 07-01-2010, 12:25 PM
GreekChat Member

What badge do you have/what badge do you want?

Last edited by Jen; 08-13-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I would love to have either the sterling silver or white gold with the Tiffany pearl. I love white gold, and I just recently lost the badge I was initiated with. When our last ELC came to visit, she had the badge you were talking about Jen! It was so beautiful.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

My own is a plain 2009 badge. I've rescued a 1960's gold badge with pearls and a center diamond, and a 1919 badge with a pearled alpha. I'd love to get one of the silver ones, just because I'd be able to wear a badge more often. Of course, if I could have anything, I'd LOVE to have a Lazy Phi badge (antique or replica)...any Lazy Phi...plain, pearls (alumnae chapter president), turquoise (collegiate chapter president), etc.

If there was an opal Alpha Phi badge, I think I'd pass out. I've brought this up in another thread, but I've found historic documentation on our website that explicitly states that the ruby is our official jewel, but I've never heard or read that anywhere else. Given that rubies match bordeaux, the stone itself isn't an issue, but I am curious as to why it's not publicized, or if the ruby was dropped as the official stone or what. I'd love to have a ruby-studded badge. How about a silver or white gold badge with rubies! That'd be the PERFECT Alpha Phi badge!

There was a gold badge with an all-diamond alpha that sold on eBay for over $1,000. It must have been custom or from when there may have been more choices. I certainly wouldn't mind having that.

Side note: If anyone has pictures of Lazy Phi or other antique Alpha Phi badges, please share them in our channel and on the "Badge Trends" thread.

Last edited by GTAlphaPhi; 07-01-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

If I recall correctly, as a past Chapter Advisor, I can get a lazy phi badge, so I'd go with that. I lost my badge at the dry cleaners about a year ago, so I need one. I also need my ten year pin too.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I would love a white gold badge, alternating rubies and diamonds. I'd die.
That would be awesome! That would be the perfect badge. IDK what badge i'd want. I have the 'regular' badge. No bling, no nothing. My class didn't get a choice what we wanted...we were just given that badge. I want my next one to have bling!

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 07-03-2010, 03:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I have the crown pearl badge and the CA lazy Phi.

I've never seen a white gold badge but am curious what one would look like. Hopefully, someone will have one on at Convention.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

hello all...you can purchase badges through the executive office...there are white gold and yellow gold, but only 'white' stones - diamonds or pearls...i have an all white gold and diamond one and it is fun to wear...my original badge is yellow gold w/pearls...i do have an original lazy phi badge from about 1880 and will attempt to post it...me being kinda tech challenged in that sense...if you can, go for the badge you want - it is something you will wear for a lifetime......Arg...i cannot seem to post a pic...can someone help me! LOL

Last edited by Maharet; 07-18-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maharet View Post
hello all...you can purchase badges through the executive office...there are white gold and yellow gold, but only 'white' stones - diamonds or pearls...i have an all white gold and diamond one and it is fun to wear...my original badge is yellow gold w/pearls...i do have an original lazy phi badge from about 1880 and will attempt to post it...me being kinda tech challenged in that sense...if you can, go for the badge you want - it is something you will wear for a lifetime......Arg...i cannot seem to post a pic...can someone help me! LOL
Sorry for the intrusion, ladies, but I'm dying to see that Lazy Phi! Maharet, go to photobucket.com and upload the photo. Copy the "IMG Code" and paste it in your post. You may want to change the photo to medium size on photobucket so it's not huge, but I personally won't care, I just want to see your Lazy Phi...I've heard so much about it!!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-18-2010, 03:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
J, I was just about to page you! email it to me and I will post it for you
Sisters, she has a bomb ass badge!
Old 07-18-2010, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If you see one, take a picture! I really would love to see a non-lazy Phi badge in white gold (or sterling silver!).

Locally it seems like everyone gets the plain gold gloss - I'm not even sure if new members are made aware they can upgrade and get shinier versions lol. I still wish I'd gone for broke and gotten what I'd really wanted.
Hey...believe it or not, I saw NO white gold or sterling silver non-Lazy Phi badges at Convention. There were quite a few Lazy Phis in white gold (one chapter advisor badge and many ELC badges), but none of the non-Lazy Phi badge.

Maybe girls don't realize there is a white gold or sterling silver option?
Old 07-18-2010, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I think a lot of new members just end up getting the standard gold filled because a lot of the new member educator's just order those and have them factored into the dues. I bet there's a lot of people who don't realize until ages later that there are jewelled badges and other options.
Yep, that is how it was my year. We never got an ivy leaf or anything, so I didn't know about the different badges until the next year. Now I just gotta save up lol.

Would you like a Cleveland Steamer or Alabama Hot Pocket with your Blumpkin?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
You mean this one? The one I have to jack from you next time I see you?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post
You mean this one? The one I have to jack from you next time I see you?
That is AMAZING!!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh Jill - you are too too funny! Thank you for posting it...Ruby is our 'official' stone, but our badges can only have diamonds or pearls...we cannot have silver for a badge - it can only be white or yellow gold...I do have a white gold badge with diamonds all over the 'A' and I now wear it as a pendant. The lazy Phi I have is from 1880...sadly and perplexingly there is no name or date or chapter...I wear it often, have loaned it out to 2 sisters for their wedding and others have worn it for fun, which is exactly how they should be shared (within reason and your eyes of course...) I was lucky to find it many years ago on ebay and the timing was good...I have been to the EO and viewed some stunning old badges with a variety of stones...saw one on an alum in San Jose years ago with opals and emeralds - it was stamped Tiffany & Company. Thanks again Jill for posting it! If you ever run into me at an Alpha Phi event, I will 99% surely have it on - take a peek and try it on! : )
Old 07-27-2010, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I am currently in the process of ordering my new badge (because I couldn't sleep and couldn't stop thinking about this upcoming semester) and I'll take pictures of it when it comes in! I'm so excited.