GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,394
2 members and 1,392 guests
LaneSig, TLLK

Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Sad News- Death of Lambuth's AOII President

http://www.lambuth.edu/the-news/565-...izabeth-kelley

Please extend your thoughts and prayers, as the Lambuth family mourns the loss of senior, Morgan Elizabeth Kelley.

Morgan passed away Monday evening, due to complications during heart surgery at LeBonheur in Memphis.

A native of Jackson, Tenn., Morgan was the daughter of Jan and Michael D. Kelley, Jr., and the sister of Shannon Kelley. Morgan's mother, Jan Kelley, is a long-time employee of Lambuth University. Morgan was a Biology major at Lambuth, as well as President of Alpha Omicron Pi, Vice President of the Student Government Association, a Ned McWherter Scholar, a Who's Who recipient and a spokesperson for the American Heart Association.

Monday evening nearly 300 members of the Lambuth community gathered in the R.E. Womack Memorial Chapel to pray for the Kelley family. Faculty and staff offered their condolences and assurances that together the Lambuth family would bear this great loss. Participants remembered Morgan's kind and gentle nature by lighting candles in her memory.

Final exams at Lambuth will continue as scheduled; however, accommodations and rescheduling for students with special issues related to Morgan's passing will be handled as necessary.

Please remember the Kelley family, in addition to the Lambuth community, at this difficult time. A come and go prayer service will be held for the Kelley family on Wednesday, Dec. 9, from 6 - 7 p.m. at Grace United Methodist Church in Jackson; the church's sanctuary will be open. Morgan's memorial service will be held Friday, Dec. 11, at 11 a.m. in Lambuth's R.E. Womack Memorial Chapel. A funeral will follow on Saturday, Dec. 12, at Grace United Methodist Church, at 2 p.m.

The family has requested that we help them spread the word that they would like for no one to wear black to the memorial services. Morgan absolutely loved life and they want everyone to celebrate that at the ceremonies. In addition, loved ones and friends are encouraged to bring a note or favorite memory of Morgan to the memorial service at the Chapel on Friday. They will be collected and presented to the family.

In an effort to support the Kelley family and defray funeral and other expenses, the university will be accepting donations to the Emergency Fund. All funds will go directly to the Kelley Family. If you would like to make a donation please log on to www.lambuth.edu and click on DONATE NOW or send checks to the Lambuth University Office of Development. All checks should be made out to "Lambuth University," and in the for line on your check clearly indicate "Emergency Fund: Morgan Kelly". If you submit a donation online, please specify as stated above, as well. Thank you for your generosity.

Memorial donations can also be made to Lambuth University, as requested by the family. Please specify that your donation is being made in memory of Morgan Kelley.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
What a sad story. The Kelley family is in my thoughts tonight.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
What a sad story. The Kelley family is in my thoughts tonight.
My sentiments exactly. My thoughts are also with her sisters and friends
Old 12-10-2009, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Morgan was a shining star and will be greatly missed. Her mother became an AOII alumnae initiate because of Morgan. AOIIs everywhere will drape their badges in black today in her honor.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Morgan will be deeply missed. She really was a wonderful young lady and an outstanding member of Alpha Omicron Pi. I know there are several members of Nu Beta (Ole Miss) who knew her because they are from the same hometown. My prayers and thoughts are with her family, friends, and AOII sisters.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Although I did not know Morgan, just the fact that she was my AOII sister makes this thread so hard to read. RIP Morgan and Alpha Love to all her family, friends and sisters.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE KELLEY FAMILY, THE LAMBUTH COMMUNITY AND TO THE SISTERS OF ALPHA OMICRON PI.

ZBT:"Honoring the Past, Celebrating the Present & Impacting the Future."