GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,584
0 members and 2,584 guests
No Members online

Old 03-11-2006, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Presidential Election

Sooo from what I hear a new National President is going to be elected at convention. I've also heard that Robin Fanning is slated and I believe is the only one running. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Anyways, I know Robin would make a great president. She was one of our chapter advisors when I came into my chapter and I've talked to her about things before. She's very knowledgeable about all things Phi Mu and she's also very nice and easy to talk to.

However... I'm going to miss Kathy Williams as president! I'm sure for any of those sisters who've met her, you would understand how awesome and motivational and just how much of a great person she is! The few times I've met her and talked to her, once before becoming president and twice afterwards at conferences, I've been so influenced by her Phi Mu spirit. I'm sure Robin will be just as great but those are some big shoes to fill!

KLTC
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-11-2006, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Good for her. I know Robin has put in a lot of work over the years.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Re: Presidential Election

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
Sooo from what I hear a new National President is going to be elected at convention. I've also heard that Robin Fanning is slated and I believe is the only one running. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Anyways, I know Robin would make a great president. She was one of our chapter advisors when I came into my chapter and I've talked to her about things before. She's very knowledgeable about all things Phi Mu and she's also very nice and easy to talk to.

However... I'm going to miss Kathy Williams as president! I'm sure for any of those sisters who've met her, you would understand how awesome and motivational and just how much of a great person she is! The few times I've met her and talked to her, once before becoming president and twice afterwards at conferences, I've been so influenced by her Phi Mu spirit. I'm sure Robin will be just as great but those are some big shoes to fill!
At this time Robin is slated for President. You never can tell if there will be nomination by petitions. I have seen it happen (Palm Desert 1998) where most of the slate was NOT elected.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Re: Re: Presidential Election

Quote:
Originally posted by sageofages
At this time Robin is slated for President. You never can tell if there will be nomination by petitions. I have seen it happen (Palm Desert 1998) where most of the slate was NOT elected.
I'm not a fan of slating, especially within the chapter. NO ONE ever really gets the position they are slated for and it just seems kinda ridiculous. I guess in larger chapters it would work, but when total is 45-- it's just pointless. I do hope that Robin gets it. I've indirectly experienced her hard work... she helped start our chapter!

KLTC