GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,348
4 members and 1,344 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, Xidelt

Old 05-18-2012, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Websites Through the GIN System

I am trying to update our chapters website which uses the GIN System and I am about to toss my laptop out the window for about the 7th time in the last two weeks. They're killin' me!

I'm dealing with spacing issues between paragraphs, fonts not staying with what I submitted, pictures can be put some places and not others and when you add them the sizing is all off. There's some random picture that keeps popping up of some chick that is apparently hard coded in the design option. Does anyone else experience these issues or am I the only lucky one? I know other groups use GIN for their sites too (ZTA? AOII?)

I will say this in GIN's defense, their Customer Service is emailing me and answering my questions. I just want to use their point, click, paste, upload format while keeping my laptop on the desk where it belongs!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not familiar with how you access GIN to edit, but if it's web-based (as is my guess) try using IE, Chrome, Firefox... one of them might work better than the others. And GIN might be able to tell you what you need to be on for best compatibility. Maybe your OS is outdated, or more current than theirs is. OR it could be your screen size. But the first thing I'd do is try it in Internet Explorer if that's not what you're using. I'd also keep everything super simple. If you're trying to use fancy fonts or huge pictures, you're probably going to make the system work harder than it wants to. Good luck!