GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,150
3 members and 1,147 guests
flamboyanttree, g41965, Sarak24034

Old 04-28-2020, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Did AGD simply say it's cancelled, not postponed? Will they hold it next year instead or simply wait another two years?

I wonder what happens with elections of national officers if all of these conventions are cancelled or postponed.
It was cancelled. The day after the cancellation announcement went out, they announced the location of our next convention in 2022.
As for international Officer elections...ours are always held electronically before convention and then installation happens at convention. They are figuring out if there is a way to do that virtually as well as announce the awards that would have been handed out this summer.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

A neighbor of mine who is a ZTA told me that their convention is moving to a virtual platform.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthen View Post
A neighbor of mine who is a ZTA told me that their convention is moving to a virtual platform.
Just read on another thread that Delta Gamma is doing the same thing.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Sigma Alpha just announced they are cancelling their convention that was scheduled to take place in July. Not sure at this point if they will be moving to a virtual platform as I'm sure this might be a challenge for many orgs in trying to get business conducted that would have normally been done at convention.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Kappa Gamma has also decided to cancel their 2020 Convention scheduled for June. Like Theta, this was their 150th Celebration of their founding.

KKG Cancels 2020 Convention
Old 05-02-2020, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Delta Phi Epsilon has canceled/postponed our International Leadership Forum. We received an email today and the message was shared on social media. Grand Chapter will be held virtually in July and staff is looking into the possibility of having an abbreviated gathering this winter.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

While this doesn’t rise to the seriousness of (SADLY!) cancelled conventions, I spoke to one of our house corporation board members yesterday, and he said (providing Rose-Hulman is back in school) that many parents are insisting on single rooms for their sons.

Something else to consider.....not to mention bathrooms, showers, dining, the group study library, etc.)
Old 05-05-2020, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Yesterday Tri Delta sent out an E-mail saying there summer convention was now going to be virtual.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Gamma Phi Beta has cancelled convention - well, face to face convention. It will go virtual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TRc...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-07-2020, 08:28 PM

The Alpha Phi Executive Office sent an email informing members that the Alpha Phi Biennial Convention has been cancelled.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Our regional conference cycle (normally taking place May - August) has been cancelled. They are working on something virtual to take their places.

There have been a lot of social media campaigns, ZOOM meetings (business and social), acknowledgement of our organizations essential employees (national, regional and local levels) as well as our college graduates at all levels on social media.

My chapter has delivered “survival boxes,” to our older Sorors, that included gloves, wipes, masks, snacks and cute little items. We also delivered palms to them on Palm Sunday. Most recently, we worked with other organizations to deliver donated drinks and treats to essential workers at local hospitals.

I suppose next steps are to figure how plans A-Z for how we will all be the rest of this year. Everything’s up in the air, but business goes on!
Old 05-11-2020, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Sigma Tau just announced our convention will also be in a virtual format this summer.

@~/~~~~
Old 05-12-2020, 03:00 PM

Our conventions are in odd-numbered years, so fortunately there's no convention to cancel. We do have a summer leadership event in even-numbered years. I have no information on what's happening with that.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Our National Council has recommended to postpone our July 2020 convention until next year. No official announcement yet.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKT4LIFE View Post
Our National Council has recommended to postpone our July 2020 convention until next year. No official announcement yet.
It's Official:

"All three sessions of Leadership Academy are cancelled and, after a motion approved and distributed by the National Council, a majority vote by the Residents Council’s passed, which postpones the 64th National Convention".