GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,180
1 members and 1,179 guests
No Members online

Old 01-11-2015, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash View Post
I have a question. What will make these items less expensive? Will the dresses be the same material or a different material? Different prints? Just wondering where the (price) differences come from.
It's also a "one and done" collection...there's no inventory management and reordering and so on, so the operational costs are lower as well.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDCat View Post
I liked Target until they redesigned my local store to add an expanded grocery section and moved around the departments. It's an incredibly awkward store layout and I hate it.

I also got caught up in the Target credit card hack and was incredibly annoyed with how they handled it. They sent customers an email that included tips on how to keep our credit card data safe. Umm, Target? I didn't lose my data. YOU DID! I don't need tips on data security. YOU DO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
This is crap. Why not sell plus sizes in the stores??
I rarely find anything at Target that I feel like I have to have. Small appliances are usually cheaper elsewhere. Groceries are definitely cheaper elsewhere (and there's more variety). Electronics are sometimes a good deal when they're on sale.

Their plus size selections are awful. The fact that they'll make the line available online but not in the store is ridiculous. Because plus sized people don't need to try things on ever, right?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Their plus size clothes SUCK! And don't get me started on how they lump the few plus size racks they have in the store over with the maternity section.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
Their plus size clothes SUCK! And don't get me started on how they lump the few plus size racks they have in the store over with the maternity section.
I was actually going to post the same exact thing! And the plus-size "section" also usually ends up having to share its space with the clearance racks, as well.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post
I was actually going to post the same exact thing! And the plus-size "section" also usually ends up having to share its space with the clearance racks, as well.
YESS!!! It's so demoralizing! I have to wedge my way though racks of Liz Lange and the clearance rack of mismatched bikini separates, all crammed into the corner by the dressing room, just to look at the sad 2 ugly choices they carry in plus sizes. No thanks.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Because plus sized people don't need to try things on ever, right?
Obviously. I definitely don't have a closet full of stuff in a range of sizes that all fit!

I remember reading once that Lily didn't think her clothes were meant for larger women - it was years and years ago, and I don't recall where I read it, and I can't find it via web search. That said, even if I just dreamed it (and I don't think I did), it put me off. I also think the sorority prints that she did are pretty meh.

I'll pass, I think. But I am happy to know that I'm not alone in my frustration with Target's plus size selection.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
No, you are definitely not alone! It was a pretty miniscule plus size selection before and it's just gotten smaller. They do have some cute plus size things online, but heaven forbid they sell those in the actual stores where it would be easier to buy them.

That said, at least they are offering plus size things in this collection. I don't remember any previous designer collaboration collections offering plus sizes.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

What? Lilly is trying to reach the prole market? Time to pitch my dresses.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 01-13-2015, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Hammock. Must have hammock.

I also saw a girls' bathing suit that I hope comes in baby sizes for my DD.

I can't even conceive of buying clothes at 12 weeks postpartum, sigh.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

I was going to look at it in Target to see if I wanted something but I guess not...
Old 01-16-2015, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdInCanada11 View Post
I was going to look at it in Target to see if I wanted something but I guess not...
Yes, Target is closing -- will be closing-- all its stores in Canada. That's going to mean thousands of layoffs. Yikes. Looks like the decisions of a bunch of suits over a few years got Target into a multi-billion-dollar hole from which there seems to be no escape except bankruptcy filings and exiting Canada.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I still think they should've finished the Lilly sorority prints
Old 01-16-2015, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
I still think they should've finished the Lilly sorority prints
So do I , and I hope they still do. Personally I think it was a huge mistake for Lilly to make such a large assortment of items for such a small target demographic. Id guess there are WAY more Theta Phi Alphas who would be willing to buy a scarf than there are ABCs who would be willing to buy a scarf and tote and wallet and picture frame and dry erase board and cup and iPhone case and bracelet. This is probably why there were only a few items created for AXO in the last release.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glittergal1985 View Post
So do I , and I hope they still do. Personally I think it was a huge mistake for Lilly to make such a large assortment of items for such a small target demographic. Id guess there are WAY more Theta Phi Alphas who would be willing to buy a scarf than there are ABCs who would be willing to buy a scarf and tote and wallet and picture frame and dry erase board and cup and iPhone case and bracelet. This is probably why there were only a few items created for AXO in the last release.
I agree with you! I think they should have created the fabric and just made a few items like the scarf, frame, and bags for each group. I am buying the fabric squares that I see for sale online. I actually liked the Sigma Kappa print, I think it was one of their best. The AOII pepto pandas on the other hand....
Old 01-16-2015, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I agree with you! I think they should have created the fabric and just made a few items like the scarf, frame, and bags for each group. I am buying the fabric squares that I see for sale online. I actually liked the Sigma Kappa print, I think it was one of their best. The AOII pepto pandas on the other hand....
Yep. I agree with you both. LP could have gotten away with simply making scarves, tumblers, bags, and wallets for every NPC. At least they could have made just scarves and bags and then called it a day. I don't know too many people who actually bought the overpriced keychain or dry erase boards.