GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,490
2 members and 2,488 guests
John

Old 07-28-2008, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think it's a big deal if she reveals the code as long as she doesn't mention the school. I think each chapter can be very different. And again, those who do figure out the school can keep that to themselves.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ΞΤtexas View Post
I don't think it's a big deal if she reveals the code as long as she doesn't mention the school. I think each chapter can be very different. And again, those who do figure out the school can keep that to themselves.
Oh, but it is a big deal. Even if 20something doesn't mention the school -- people can still figure it out, which then makes it a big deal.

Each chapter IS different, but I'm 100% positive that someone out there will get hurt by her comments if they found out it was their sorority she was talking about.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Oh, but it is a big deal. Even if 20something doesn't mention the school -- people can still figure it out, which then makes it a big deal.

Each chapter IS different, but I'm 100% positive that someone out there will get hurt by her comments if they found out it was their sorority she was talking about.
I agree. Especially since people figure out and post the school even when the code ISN'T revealed!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Well...I guess I really don't see the problem in saying who Haley is. After all, it's ONE chapter - there is no way anyone could figure out what school that is unless they went there, and if that's the case, they already know.

I don't care who anyone else is, or what school it is.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantASTic View Post
Well...I guess I really don't see the problem in saying who Haley is. After all, it's ONE chapter - there is no way anyone could figure out what school that is unless they went there, and if that's the case, they already know.

Ditto, especially given how long ago this whole story took place. It's not like this is happening now or that the reputations that all these sororties have still apply. However, I'm a non-greek so I'm sure my opinion is different than a member, but that's my 2 cents.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantASTic View Post

You're wrong. Flat out wrong. I already had a good idea of what school it was. I know I am not alone. It took me only about 5 minutes. Notice, I didn't post anything about it...

But, ye of much naivete, do not underestimate Greek Chatters. You have her NAME that specific chapter and the campus, and it's asking for trouble.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Ditto, especially given how long ago this whole story took place. It's not like this is happening now or that the reputations that all these sororties have still apply. However, I'm a non-greek so I'm sure my opinion is different than a member, but that's my 2 cents.
actually I would have to disagree.

if the poster revealed what GLO it was, it wouldn't take a lot for some internet stalkers (and by that I mean people on GC who obviously have no time on their hands) to figure out what school it was and from there which chapters were which and so on.

Why not just take the story for what it is and move on?

In the end it doens't matter which GLO it is, because I think every single one of the 26 NPCs has a chapter that may not be the most "popular" or "cool" on campus, but it truly does give women a home and a way to grow and a foundation on which to rely on.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Unregistered-

Since it's clear that 20something does not want to publicly reveal her affiliation despite the hounding from GCers to do the opposite, and it's obvious she has her happy ending, maybe it's a good time to close the thread?

Just a thought, of course.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

here's one that a lot of us enjoyed!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 PM

Love this story. Must read for fall PNMs.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I had not read this until today,and I have to say I am glad to not know the who, what and where. I personally read the conclusion and I may be the only one but was happy to be delusional. And what I mean by that is without knowing what chapter was joined I can proudly hope she joined mine!! I would hope every sorority member, regardless of affiliation would wish for her to be a part of their organization because it sounds like it provided the support and love she needed! The "Haley" chapter is exactly what is needed!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I really needed to read this. My recruitment starts tomorrow and one of the sororities I really like doesn't do mixers (or so I've heard) and that made me not like them. But now I think it may be a good thing.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkglitter View Post
I really needed to read this. My recruitment starts tomorrow and one of the sororities I really like doesn't do mixers (or so I've heard) and that made me not like them. But now I think it may be a good thing.
You will hear LOTS of silly rumors where fraternity interaction is concerned. The two biggest are:

- "XYZ never has mixers."
- "ABC only mixes with PQ fraternity (whether PQ is top or bottom of the social ladder)."

Unless a chapter is on social probation, neither of these are true. Social interaction is a component of EVERY chapter's membership experience and a chapter that never has any mixers would probably be questioned by their HQ as to what their problem is. Are there times when it seems a fraternity and sorority are joined at the hip? Yes. But that doesn't mean that you can't break out and socialize with who YOU want to socialize with. You may be the change that sisters have been waiting for.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

--bumping--

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.