GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Chi > Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,413
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, LarryByday
» Online Users: 576
1 members and 575 guests
davidsholzeo679

Old 01-23-2001, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Question My friend...

I have a high school friend that is going to a different college than I am. She is a wonderful girl, but she didn't get any bids when she went out for formal Fall Rush . Now she is going through informal rush. She goes to a HIGHLY competitive school (Auburn University). I was wondering if there was anything I could do to increase her chances this Spring. I think that she is one of those people that could really be an asset to Chi-O (or any organization).

I don't understand why she didn't get a bid - I think she may have just gotten lost in the shuffle. That can happen at a school with such a huge Greek system.

Thanks for any advice!
Love Allie

[This message has been edited by Allie_XO (edited January 23, 2001).]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-23-2001, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

I went to Auburn and rush is indeed competitive there. So many girls are cut who'd be real assets! There are tons of legacies. And if you look on the websites of the AU sororities, it seems that each group is full of knockouts. To cap it all off--it's one of those schools where a whole lot of rushees come into recruitment with, no lie, a list of sororities that they absolutely will and won't accept. I've known many girls who didn't get a bid at Auburn, left school, and went to a smaller school to pledge one of the "name" sororities in the state--no other reason.

Allie, the best thing you can do is find out which sororities are doing spring rush (but I bet that most are full and won't be; Chi O is likely to be full.) Then find friends who are alums of those groups and have them call or write their chapter at Auburn and tell them glorious things about her!

Tell her I said good luck and War Eagle!
Old 01-24-2001, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I do not want to sound vain (is that the word I am looking for?) but pictures with recs are the best. I said vain because I don't want anyone to think that they will base their thoughts on her looks. It is just so much easier when you have 20 girls coming into a room for a recruitment event if you see one face and recognize it from a picture. Just a helpful hint

Old 01-29-2001, 11:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Allie,

How did your friend come out? Was informal rush a success?
Old 03-17-2001, 04:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry it took so long to give y'all an update, but she and I have both been very busy. Everything went wonderfully and she pledged Alpha Xi Delta! She seems to love it and initiation is this weekend! I am so excited for her. She wanted to be part of Greek life soooo much!

She said that she went into Formal Rush with the wrong attitude. She would only accept a bid from one of the "top" sororities. She regrets it because she really loved Alpha Xi at first but cut them for some of the "stronger" (I hate the way that sounds, but you know what I mean) chapters. She decided to go with her heart this time and she is glad that she went with her heart! I was sooooo excited for her!

Anyway - thanks for the help!

Allie
Old 03-19-2001, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Allie_XO:
Sorry it took so long to give y'all an update, but she and I have both been very busy. Everything went wonderfully and she pledged Alpha Xi Delta! She seems to love it and initiation is this weekend! I am so excited for her. She wanted to be part of Greek life soooo much!

She said that she went into Formal Rush with the wrong attitude. She would only accept a bid from one of the "top" sororities. She regrets it because she really loved Alpha Xi at first but cut them for some of the "stronger" (I hate the way that sounds, but you know what I mean) chapters. She decided to go with her heart this time and she is glad that she went with her heart! I was sooooo excited for her!

Anyway - thanks for the help!

Allie
I'm glad everything turned out okay for her! It's ironic that she liked them but cut them and then joined them later -- must be fate
Hootie

Old 03-19-2001, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I see that so often where women cut the house they really feel comfortable at because they want to follow the herd, or what they are "supposed" to like according to popular theory on that campus. Kudos to your friend for getting pas that stuff and joining the group where she fits in!