GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,527
2 members and 1,525 guests
*winter*, znathanhulzeo24

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2015, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 5

Pref Night

The princess went to the gym this morning to take her mind off of things. She is certain she is dropping if she doesn’t receive an invite to prefs for Moscato or Merlot. She stresses she isn't a quitter, but she doesn't want to change herself in order to fit in with a group of girls just to be in a sorority. I agree, but I know she wants this more than most anything she has tried in the past. Invitations don’t come today until lunch, so my husband suggests I run over incase things do not go in her favor. I have a good feeling, but she is nervous. On the drive over, I get the text.

I got invited back to Moscato and Merlot. IM SO SO HAPPY!

It is not until this moment I feel I can relax during the whole week. I feel like I just lost 50 pounds. AH! Forget the wine! I need a massage! Probably some botox to level out the permanent frowns I have from frustration with darling princess.

The parent meeting said it was pretty much guaranteed that daughters (all of them) would receive a bid if they made it to pref night and maximized their options, ie listed both 1 and 2 as willing to accept a bid. The princess would most definitely!

I arrive. Clean her dorm room! How is it so messy? She has only been here 5 days, plus she has been participating in this thing I call RUSH which puts her in her dorm room very seldom. Geez. After I clean, I run to the store for meds more inline for her symptoms, and finally help her dress for Pref night. She looks beautiful.

I offer to drive her because it is sprinkling again, but she declines. Everyone else walks, mom. Okay. I get it.

Merlot was first. I got a phone call and couldn't take notes as I was driving. UGH! I recall she was greeted at the door by the senior that made her fall in love with Merlot. She actually spoke about what Merlot meant to her and how when she had cancer everyone was there for her, and she couldn’t imagine getting through the ordeal without her sisters. The princess cried.

Moscato - Very emotional as well, but little details. She could definitely see herself here and really felt like they wanted her to be a part of them.

In the end, she ranked:
1. Merlot

2. Moscato

She was really hoping for Merlot, but would be happy at Moscato as well. I definitely felt we would have a happy ending!