GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,279
5 members and 1,274 guests
acg233, John, Phrozen Sands, Sarak24034

Old 08-30-2003, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: On your nearest moniter waiting to be called a b*tch
MTV's Sorority Life: New season to have black sorority...

Well at least that's what I saw on some of the highlights. But I don't think it'll be a sorority from NPHC though. It may be a social club like sorority. And you all know there are plenty of those around besides the Kourts, Doves, Gems, and Iota Sweethearts. Some may not be little sister organizations. I noticed one on this one campus called the Dutchess, and another called the Gamma Imperials. So ain't know telling what organization it is. Sorors what are your thoughts about this coming season of sorority life?

O and the highlights that I saw, there was mainly black girls, and a quick highlight of some stepping going on, so I know it's a predominantly black org.

Imperial1
Old 08-30-2003, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

The sorority in the new season is a multicultural sorority, there's a thread or two about it in Greek Life.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: MTV's Sorority Life: New season to have black sorority...

Quote:
Originally posted by Imperial1
Well at least that's what I saw on some of the highlights. But I don't think it'll be a sorority from NPHC though. It may be a social club like sorority. And you all know there are plenty of those around besides the Kourts, Doves, Gems, and Iota Sweethearts. Some may not be little sister organizations. I noticed one on this one campus called the Dutchess, and another called the Gamma Imperials. So ain't know telling what organization it is. Sorors what are your thoughts about this coming season of sorority life?

O and the highlights that I saw, there was mainly black girls, and a quick highlight of some stepping going on, so I know it's a predominantly black org.

Imperial1
It will be interesting to see if a sweetheart org ever does something like Sorority life because I doubt very seriously that an NPHC org will ever do Sorority or Fraternity Life.

I might have to check this season out. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-30-2003, 04:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I will be all over this one!
I can tell you that I do NOT think an NPC or NPHC will even THINK about doing the show
Old 08-30-2003, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

If you go to www.doublesweetie.com (the Sorority Life fan site) there is a lot of info about Sorority Life Three. It is a multicultural sorority, and rumor has it, there was such little "drama" that the producers considered not airing it (though I'm not sure I totally believe that).
Old 08-30-2003, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: On your nearest moniter waiting to be called a b*tch
There probably was such little drama considering the fact that they may not have wanted a lot of stuff on camera. But who knows?

Imperial1
Old 08-31-2003, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KellyO97
If you go to www.doublesweetie.com (the Sorority Life fan site) there is a lot of info about Sorority Life Three. It is a multicultural sorority, and rumor has it, there was such little "drama" that the producers considered not airing it (though I'm not sure I totally believe that).
Thank you so much for posting the link to this website. I have been reading articles about the shows (Sorority Life I, II and III and Fraternity Life I and II) for most of the afternoon; there are two sections on the site that are completely dedicated to the articles written about the shows. I was very interested in the show and can't seem to get enough information about it while the show is airing since MTV only gives you what they think you want. I haven't even gotten to all of the things about the new season . . . I am still reading some of the reactions of past seasons. I know that I am going to enjoy this season as well -- though there are things about the show that make a lot of college students embarrassed for these students. Thanks again for the link.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

When do the new episodes air? I have to set my VCR for this.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Sorority Life III is going to be off the chain! I think this upcoming season will be most like HBGLOs than in the past because of the diversity, the stepping, and they way that they are made ('Spr 02' rather than 'Alpha Epsilon Pledge Class'). I can't wait for the comments after the shows. The one's in the general forums and on doublesweetie are HILARIOUS. FYI, Fraternity life season II is also focusing on a Multicultural organization. This time, they will be on separate campuses.

On DoubleSweetie.com, it said the girls had to have at least a 3.0 to pledge so they are obviously pretty smart.

Check out the following link to see a member of this sorority's page on BlackPlanet:
http://members.blackplanet.com/CALiMiXedLady4U/
Old 09-04-2003, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
At my alma mater

I actually may have to pay more attention to Sorority Life III because of this aspect and the fact that they filmed a University of Southern California sorority. It sounds interesting.

--May 1986 USC College of Arts, Letters and Sciences graduate.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lady2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Lady2000
This season does sound really interesting. I seriously doubt they would leave out the drama. The more drama, the higher the ratings!! After the first show, I'll get a feel for it and see if it's really worth my time.

Anne
Old 09-06-2003, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lady2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Lady2000
This season does sound really interesting. I seriously doubt they would leave out the drama. The more drama, the higher the ratings!! After the first show, I'll get a feel for it and see if it's really worth my time.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: MTV's Sorority Life: New season to have black sorority...

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
It will be interesting to see if a sweetheart org ever does something like Sorority life because I doubt very seriously that an NPHC org will ever do Sorority or Fraternity Life.

I might have to check this season out. Thanks for the tip.
Well, I highly doubt Iota Sweethearts will ever be involved as anything we (Iota brothers) won't do, they are restricted from (and even some things that we do, they are not allowed to do as well).

wait a minute? This IS my signature.
Old 09-12-2003, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Post This should be interesting....

Peep this SL3 cast member's bio, particularly her commentary about what type of menzes she likes:

http://www.mtv.com/onair/sorority_li...l?name=Lynnise
Old 09-12-2003, 05:23 PM

I'm just frightened that she wants to hang out with someone from Creed. Shudder.