GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Phi Epsilon
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,556
1 members and 1,555 guests
No Members online

Old 12-07-2001, 02:49 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
PEARL Ideas

Now that there are more DPhiEs in here , I was wondering if any of you have some awesome Pearl ideas or would like to share your pearl experiences - I'm a MDA (Eastern Canada/Eastern NY) and I would love to have some awesome ideas to share with my chapters.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-07-2001, 03:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Siob--

One pearl that one of my chapters did (COA, Southern NJ and Eastern PA) is to sponsor a little girls sports (soccer) team. They had so much fun. The women would go to their games and cheer for them and had fundraisers to buy them jerseys and what not. At the end, they had this big spaghetti dinner with the parents and kids and gave out awards. It was a blast and a lot of fun for the women and the girls.

Another chapter holds a faculty dinner for any faculty member that a sister wants to invite. Usually, each sister will invite like 2 professors, so it's about 100 professors, and they do this big pasta dinner for them in appreciation. It's always a HUGE success and it's a good scholarship pearl.

Finally, you can always do Deepher Dude, although national hates the title. It's a male beauty pageant with talent, swimsuit and interview, just like Miss America or something. Each candidate pays an entry fee (usually a guy from each fraternity, and then other student organizations will enter someone as well). They go to local businesses for donated prizes, and it's usually a big money maker. They then donate all the proceeds to Cystic Fibrosis.

So there's my .02!

YITS,
Heather
Old 12-07-2001, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I don't remember if these were to earn Pearls, but here goes. Every week the pledges wore purple and gold or our pledge shirts while the sisters wore letters, and we would have a weekly dinner in one of the dining halls on campus. Once a semester we would attend a sports event wearing the same thing. We participated in charitable or philanthropic event the other greeks sponsored again wearing the same outfits. We visited a senior citizens home, children's foster home, or a hospital every semester. We helped build a playground for local children along with all of the other greeks. Pledges interviewed each other and all of the sisters. Pledges interviewed members of other greek orgs. A few of the pledge classes had mixers with fraternity pledges in addition to attending regular mixers. Every pledge class had a pledge trip in order to visit another D Phi E chapter. We had library hours that we had to attend at least three times a week. After reading all of this, we really did a lot of things! I had a blast.
We also had alcohol awareness, assertiveness training, eating disorder, and resume writing programs. We held a fashion show, scavanger hunt, and hop scotch-a-thon to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis.