GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,691
1 members and 2,690 guests
MethrenLusia

Old 02-27-2004, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Does your chapter have a sweetheart?

My chapter was colonized a couple of years ago and we were told by our consultants that we were not allowed to have a sweetheart and that Headquarters did not allow it. Now I have heard that that is not true. Does anyone out there know for sure? Do your chapters have sweethearts?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-27-2004, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Does your chapter have a sweetheart?

Quote:
Originally posted by AXOeva
My chapter was colonized a couple of years ago and we were told by our consultants that we were not allowed to have a sweetheart and that Headquarters did not allow it. Now I have heard that that is not true. Does anyone out there know for sure? Do your chapters have sweethearts?
No - Nationally, we do not recognize sweethearts. It is in our National Governing Documents, by-laws, and the Panhellenic green book, that we do not recognize sweethearts, auxillary members (such as big brothers), or auxillary programs.

Some chapters do have them -- but they serve as merely a "recognition" type role (ie, thanks for all the help that you've given the chapter). But - these are still technically not allowed according to HQ.

PM me if you need more info - I just got all this from our area consultant, and she explained it all a little more, but too much for me to try to type here.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

We have a Carnation Man that we vote on every year. It is just a recognition thing and he gets to be on the composite.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MeganAXO Send a message via MSN to MeganAXO
My chapter has a sweetheart but he is not officially recognized
Old 06-30-2006, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXO Alum
No - Nationally, we do not recognize sweethearts. It is in our National Governing Documents, by-laws, and the Panhellenic green book, that we do not recognize sweethearts, auxillary members (such as big brothers), or auxillary programs.
Sorry to crash, but is this really in the Green Book?

I know little brother/sweetheart/auxiliary GROUPS are prohibited, but as far as picking one guy as your sweetheart as a recognition, lots of NPCs do that. Plus since we laud our sisters who are chosen International STG White Rose and things like that in our magazines, it would be kind of hypocritical for us not to allow the same thing.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl
Sorry to crash, but is this really in the Green Book?

I know little brother/sweetheart/auxiliary GROUPS are prohibited, but as far as picking one guy as your sweetheart as a recognition, lots of NPCs do that. Plus since we laud our sisters who are chosen International STG White Rose and things like that in our magazines, it would be kind of hypocritical for us not to allow the same thing.
33 - you know that I only repeat information, not go looking for it I am a parrot *squawk* a parrot
Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

we have a mr. axo
Old 12-05-2009, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

we have a sweetheart, he is on our composite and is invited to all of our date parties and formals (and can bring a date if he wants). Our national consultant has seen him on our composites, and he's on all of the date lists we submit, and so far no one has said anything to us about it, but i have heard that it's technically against the rules because to have a male sweetheart would make us a co-ed organization, which we obviously are not
Old 03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

We have an "Omega Man" and he goes on our composite. Normally it is one guy from a fraternity, but last year it was 2 (it was so cute, they filled out the app. together, haha!). This year we have "Omega Man" for fraternity guys and we added an "All About Alpha Chi Guy". He won't go on our composite and he isn't greek. We made this one up this year because there is a guy who always helps us out and attends all out events.

There is a sorority on our campus that is allowed to have a sweetheart but they aren't allowed to BE sweethearts.
Spring '08 #744

"Together Let Us Seek the Heights"
Old 10-29-2010, 06:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm disappointed that this isn't a national thing. I am extremely proud and honored to be the Alpha Chi Omega Lyreman for the chapter at my school as well as being a Sigma Phi Epsilon. The whole Alpha Chi Omega chapter voted on it and a big ceremony happened during their formal where they sat me down and all sang to me and gave me a set of my fraternity letters with olive green and scarlet red accents that said AXO Lyreman on the front with a lyre on the hood. They gave me tons of gifts and I truly love those girls. I honestly feel like I'm part of the chapter so I think it is a pretty cool thing and I encourage other chapters to do it, even if it is unofficial. By the way, I was told that I was chosen for a consistent 2 years of loyalty to the chapter.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a "Carnation Man" who goes on our composite. He can be Greek or non-Greek, but is pretty much always Greek and is generally sister's boyfriend who has a strong presence in our house. He doesn't really do too much as Carnation Man, but I think it would be kind of nice if we got him more involved with our chapter.

"Together Let Us Seek The Heights"