GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,382
1 members and 1,381 guests
bapitytts7552

Old 03-05-2015, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Sugar Babies: College Students Paid for… Companionship?

I Went Undercover As A Penn State Sugar Baby

https://onwardstate.com/2015/03/04/i...te-sugar-baby/

Quote:
When most people hear the term “sugar daddy,” they picture an older man, usually wealthy, who dates younger, usually attractive women. What most people don’t realize is that being a “sugar baby” to one of these men is a lucrative, booming business – especially among college-aged women.

As a student at Penn State, I’ve heard whispers around campus that some women used match-making websites to earn extra cash. It was never something I took too seriously, until I started to research these websites myself.

I came across several websites geared toward matching up sugar daddies and sugar babies. The most popular was SeekingArrangement.com, a website that brands itself as a gateway to find a “mutually beneficial relationship.” The idea is simple – connect wealthy men with young women who are willing to sell their time, and possibly more.

…..

Some offered contracts for long-term relationships and others just wanted to spend a day with me. Many of their messages emphasized discretion, and most of them were married. They all had one thing in common – they were willing to pay me just for my company. I felt like I had uncovered some sort of secret sex ring in small-town Pennsylvania.

…..

This isn’t just a trend in Pennsylvania colleges, either. There are 16 other universities above Penn State on that list of schools, with University of Texas coming in first. Arizona State University, New York University, Kent State University, and Georgia State University take the other top spots, respectively. SeekingArrangment.com claims there are more than a million college students using the site in order to pay for college tuition. It even offers free premium memberships to users who sign up with a .edu email address. Roughly 73 percent of these college students are undergraduates, and 27 percent are at or above the graduate level.

@~/~~~~