GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,485
2 members and 1,483 guests
aantonygooglet9, Cookiez17
Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Ha. If if makes you feel better I had to use a translator. I can read leet much to my chagrin but I cannot type it.

Chat/txtspeak however makes me ill.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-28-2010, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I had to use a translator

I'm starting to doubt you troll translation abilities now

Old 05-28-2010, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Ha. If if makes you feel better I had to use a translator. I can read leet much to my chagrin but I cannot type it.

Chat/txtspeak however makes me ill.
It took me three tries to read it, but finally figured out what you meant. leet speak is stupid.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post

I'm starting to doubt you troll translation abilities now
Aw sweetheart there's no online translator for troll or for crazy. Has to have the human touch
Old 06-06-2010, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

gamma chi

Not that it matters, but yes Phi Mu has been suspended from UNCG's campus. Nationals ONLY had to suspend us because UNCG suspended us, which should show that we really didn't do anything wrong. A few ex-members decided to make up some shit that never happened and tried to accuse us of hazing.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammachi4life View Post
Not that it matters, but yes Phi Mu has been suspended from UNCG's campus. Nationals ONLY had to suspend us because UNCG suspended us, which should show that we really didn't do anything wrong. A few ex-members decided to make up some shit that never happened and tried to accuse us of hazing.
QFP, though if true what was "rampant misuse of social media" and how was it made up?
Old 06-22-2010, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Phi Mu has suspended operations of the Gamma Chi chapter of Phi Mu at UNC-Greensboro.

Phi Mu Fraternity was notified on May 12, 2010,that the chapter is suspended from The University of North Carolina at Greensboro for a minimum of four years for violation of the University value of respect.

The suspension by the Fraternity and University is in response to violations of Phi Mu national policies including chapter members' rampant misuse of social media, disrespectful treatment of fellow members, and hazing incidents.

This makes me very sad! First, we lost Randolph-Macon to hazing and now UNC-Greensboro. Does anyone know anymore details about either of these risk management issues or what happened? Anyone from either of these campuses-do you have any idea?
I'd like to know where you got your information from. As a sister of Gamma Chi, we were not even aloud to discuss the charges against our chapter. We were not even told the full story of what we were being charged with so, I'd like to know how you found out this. And discussing it on this website was rude and disrespectful, a lot of members don't even fully understand what has happened to the chapter still. I think it was rude for you to post it to the public to see, it is not an issue concerning them nor you. This is a Gamma Chi issue concerning individuals and nations.
Sorry to come across rude, but this is a touchy subject for all Gamma Chi's especially members as myself who, as a legacy, dreamed of being a Phi Mu since the day my sister joined and feel cheated our of my experience in Phi Mu.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirfie1487 View Post
I'd like to know where you got your information from. As a sister of Gamma Chi, we were not even aloud to discuss the charges against our chapter. We were not even told the full story of what we were being charged with so, I'd like to know how you found out this. And discussing it on this website was rude and disrespectful, a lot of members don't even fully understand what has happened to the chapter still. I think it was rude for you to post it to the public to see, it is not an issue concerning them nor you. This is a Gamma Chi issue concerning individuals and nations.
Sorry to come across rude, but this is a touchy subject for all Gamma Chi's especially members as myself who, as a legacy, dreamed of being a Phi Mu since the day my sister joined and feel cheated our of my experience in Phi Mu.
Actually it is an issue for Phi Mu and Greekdom as a whole because what happened to you can happen to anybody.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Actually it is an issue for Phi Mu and Greekdom as a whole because what happened to you can happen to anybody.
No it's not. This is an issue concerning one chapter and one sorority. If members of our Chapter weren't even aloud to pretty much discuss it among ourselves I don't see why anyone else has the right to know. Especially since many of us don't even know the full story, so it's kind of wrong that someone not even from our Chapter is saying things on a public website that we aren't even sure are true or not.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Banned

Sirfie, allowed.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No it's not. This is an issue concerning one chapter and one sorority. If members of our Chapter weren't even aloud to pretty much discuss it among ourselves I don't see why anyone else has the right to know. Especially since many of us don't even know the full story, so it's kind of wrong that someone not even from our Chapter is saying things on a public website that we aren't even sure are true or not.
And as you yourself pointed out, this is a public website. As such we can discuss what we want. Also if you think nobody is speculating about this even at your own school, then you are dreaming.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Honey, it's allowed. Not aloud. Aloud is saying something so it can be heard; allowed is being able to.

And I believe the previously posted information was a press release- that's how many other chapter closure announcements that have come straight from Headquarters resembled...

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I understand why this would be a touchy subject, but it was in a press release- so it is up for anyone to discuss.

I am confused by how this concerns nations?

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I am confused by how this concerns nations?
I think she meant national headquarters.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
The person you quoted is a Phi Mu, so odds are she received her information from Phi Mu itself.

There is nothing rude nor disrespectful about its discussion here. Far more inappropriate based on your post was the previous member "gammachi4life" calling the whole thing ridiculous. Assuming there truly is a prohibition on discussing it.

Sorority membership is for life. The only way you're cheated out of that is if you choose to be.
Closed Thread