GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,121
0 members and 1,121 guests
No Members online

Old 09-19-2006, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by babylyne View Post
How do you know what I know about AI's? Maybe my experiance with it is diffrent from yours.
That's why I thought that you were going to offer people assistance with AIing into DZO.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aopirose View Post
That's why I thought that you were going to offer people assistance with AIing into DZO.
I know I can think of a couple of PNAIs here who would be interested, and probably be a perfect fit for your sisterhood.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 09-19-2006, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
I know I can think of a couple of PNAIs here who would be interested, and probably be a perfect fit for your sisterhood.
Oh man, you went there.

Now, tell us, since you're so experienced in AI...must one have a personal connection to DZO to AI, or could someone, say, "shop" their way in??
Old 09-19-2006, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok I took us 2 months to finally be told about what was going on. When this person told us that she would help us and then was backed by the Greek Life advisor, and she said that she would handle the issues that we had no clue about I trusted her. She told me to worry about recruiting members, so I did. So at first when we heard the rumblings of Sigma Kappa I went to the Greek Life advisor but he didnt want to help us he wanted to expand the campus so he saw this as his opportunity as well for him (just newly hired) to look really good. So as soon as we realized Hey we can take charge of our sorority and stand up to this we did. and then when Sigma Kappa went to our Greek Life advisor I think he had an oh shit moment and stepped in to help us.

You are right though and we have all kicked ourselves into not having a say in the colors and such. Again when someone says she is trying to help you build a sisterhood even if she can't be a sister, you would want to belive her.
Huh? I thought you said you were the founder. But someone else came up with your colors, symbols, mottoes and ideals? How were you involved in the founding, then? Sounds like you just recruited members to an organization this mystery Sigma Kappa founded.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekalum View Post
Huh? I thought you said you were the founder. But someone else came up with your colors, symbols, mottoes and ideals? How were you involved in the founding, then? Sounds like you just recruited members to an organization this mystery Sigma Kappa founded.
It's like there's a Deep Throat of Sigma Kappa.

(I mean this in Watergate terms.)
Old 09-19-2006, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
It's like there's a Deep Throat of Sigma Kappa.

(I mean this in Watergate terms.)
Oh no.... you soooo didn't go there.

ETA: so besides the original Beta Epsilon, and SKEPi, have there been any other notable copycats? Are there any out there right now? Not just of Sigma Kappa, but of any GLO. I recall someone saying they saw a ZTA copycat at one point, but my searches aren't turning anything up.

Last edited by Drolefille; 09-19-2006 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Like I said before I was linked up with this person by our greek life advisor, when I went to him when things sounded weird we were told to go with it because we had no clue about greek life. and AGAIN when we realized what was going on we changed everything that very same day. We held a meeting and took some very painfull issues to vote.

As far as having members for us you have no clue what we look for in a sister, our requirements and what we look for are somewhat diffrent from our other chapter as we are in a diffrent environment.

As far as AI, I am not going to answer to those comments as our chapter is obviously inexperianced with that subject.

Anybody else feel comfortable in here?
Old 09-19-2006, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
As far as having members for us you have no clue what we look for in a sister, our requirements and what we look for are somewhat diffrent from our other chapter as we are in a diffrent environment.

As far as AI, I am not going to answer to those comments as our chapter is obviously inexperianced with that subject.
Then please don't recomment AI to other people when you have no clue what you're talking about.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post

ETA: so besides the original Beta Epsilon, and SKEPi, have there been any other notable copycats? Are there any out there right now? Not just of Sigma Kappa, but of any GLO. I recall someone saying they saw a ZTA copycat at one point, but my searches aren't turning anything up.
Alpha Xi Zeta at Michigan Tech? I recall reading about this local on GC at some point, but I couldn't find the thread. Their old website (from a year or two ago) really made them seem like a blantant ripoff of the Alpha Xi Delta, but they've changed their website recently.

Still sketchy.

ETA: found the thread about Alpha Xi Zeta: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=19822

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity
Old 09-19-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=19822

Agreed w/ the above post, still sketchy, particularly the "Al Fuzzie" mascot.

Last edited by 33girl; 09-19-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

lol, thanks for sending me to the same thread

And for babylyne, you mentioned "if the Alpha chapter of DZO someday went national"... You do know they were trying to affiliate this past year, correct? See the previous thread posted about Exansions. I can only assume that either they changed their minds, or the presenters backed away as they are still DZO.

/Unless they're trying again this year...
Old 09-19-2006, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Future reference point:

Starting a thread to "clear the air" on GC rarely makes anything better, and in fact, usually makes things worse.

This thread is a good example.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

This is a perfect example of airing your chapter's dirty laundry in public. Number one "Don't" on your list of "Do's and Don'ts."

Secondly, quit taking everything so darned personally. Will you ever meet any of these people in your life? No. So don't worry about making sure the story is "straight" in their heads.

Thirdly, and this is a question journalists must ask themselves when pitching a new story and considering if that story is worth telling to the faceless masses: Who Cares? Not us. We're not PNMs on your campus, members of your campus Panhellenic or your campus community.

While I can't say I believe that a collegiate member with, at the most, 2 years of in-chapter experience, would knowingly sabotage a local for the sake of going national and manage to pull the wool over the eyes of the innocent local members, nor that she would have total control in the formation of a local's rituals and symbols and piss off her HQ, I'm sure it is possible and it sounds like some major miscommunication... I just don't think she'd know enough about colonization to make that happen under the ok of a Greek Adviser who is well versed in sorority expansion practices. And it sounds more like a series of miscommunications and gossip that became cold hard facts than any deep, dark deception to rule the world.

As far as your chapter or self being judged based on the actions of other chapters or from other chapter members, yes it happens all the time. It's called stereotyping and everyone does it. I can say all people from Philadephia wear mullets if I've only ever seen one person from Philly with a mullet. And I can assume that all members of DZO act the way that the chapter members I've seen on TV portray it. I can also say that all Scientologists jump on couches and are crazy, because I've seen one do it on TV. It's called human nature. If you belong to a group and a member or a group of members do something to embarrass/bring honor to the group it reflects back on everyone, positive and negative. That is a very important lesson to impart to your fellow sisters.

Good luck.

Last edited by adpiucf; 09-19-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Keep the thread on topic. Anymore off-topic guano posted here will be deleted again.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChiOhSnap View Post
Alpha Xi Zeta at Michigan Tech? I recall reading about this local on GC at some point, but I couldn't find the thread. Their old website (from a year or two ago) really made them seem like a blantant ripoff of the Alpha Xi Delta, but they've changed their website recently.
Judas on a Vespa - could they have found a more illegible font? Could the site load a little more slowly - I have a few grey hairs that haven't come in yet.