GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,296
1 members and 2,295 guests
Tridentia

Old 07-28-2006, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSteven
I predict that Kentucky will not win the SEC. Nor the Eastern Division of the SEC. If Providence is with the Cats, we may be fortunate to make a bowl game. Most likely in some forsaken place. But what the hell, the fans in the stands always have a hell of a good time.

GO CATS!
Why did you put that horrible icon in your post? I fixed it so it's all better now. As long as I can score tickets for Homecoming (v. Georgia) this year I'll be happy regardless of the record.

I'm also going with Auburn in the SEC West and overall conference, with Florida or (don't laugh) South Carolina in the SEC East. I told you not to laugh.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum
Why did you put that horrible icon in your post? I fixed it so it's all better now. As long as I can score tickets for Homecoming (v. Georgia) this year I'll be happy regardless of the record.

I'm also going with Auburn in the SEC West and overall conference, with Florida or (don't laugh) South Carolina in the SEC East. I told you not to laugh.
I've edited it, just for you!
Old 07-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
Good luck with what? OU is going to be slightly better than they were last year barring Peterson stays healthy. One bad turn or tackle on that shredded ankle of his and its going to be major trouble. Noboby knows what Rhett Bomar is going to do either. He was virtually untested last year and pretty much only won the games that OU should have, minus TCU.....which was a joke....and please don't say Oregon was a huge upset because they obviously cared nothing about the Holiday Bowl and pretty much sucked. I couldn't really tell anything good about him in the Texas game because he was flat on his back for most of it.

OU's defense will be good, for sure. Rufus Alexander and Latimer are good for sure at the Linebacker spots and DJ Wolfe is a solid DBack. They are also returning 5 other lettermen. We however, return our full offensive line minus one and 8 other starters on offense. Quan Cosby, Pittman, and Limas Sweed will certainly be one the best wide receivers in college football....which goes along nicely with our 1-2 running back punch of Jamaal Charles and Selvin Young....who have been rated preseason as the best backfield in the country. Our experience line will give Colt McCoy plenty of time to throw. Yes, he lacks experience, but he has a strong arm and got to learn for a year under the most prolific QB in college football history.

Nevermind the fact that our defense returns 7 which includes the full defensive line. Tim Crowder is a lock to be a top 3 draft pick, Henry Melton is replacing Rodrique Wright on the d-line....and allthough he was a consensis all-american....we all saw what Melton did to opposing defenses when he had the ball last year. The guy is a freak of nature. He will go along nicely with Brian Robison and Frank Okam. Michael Griffin is a preseason Nagurski candidate at safety. Two returnig starters at LB, allthough it will be tough to top the level that Cedric Griffin and Michael Huff set last year as the best backfield defenders in the country. Aaron Ross and Terell Brown are both badass CB's. We also have Sergio Kindle, the number 1 LB recruit in the country.

Defensively - Ive got to say we are both about even. Texas has the better line, OU has more experienced LB's.

Offensively - I just don't think OU has the personell besides Peterson....and youre offensive line is absolutely horrible. You lost everyone, face it. One returning wideout who didn't get the ball at all last year. With a good line, things will come easy to Colt McCoy, he has a cannon for an arm and is damn fast, rushed for over 1000 his senior year HS. Yes, Vince Young was a God....is Texas going to run a triple option this year....no.....which is promising becasue many areas of our game have become better even since last season.

I should also point out that we signed 11 Rivals Top 100 recruits. The rest of the Big XII signed 4 combined. To put that into perspective...the SEC signed 20 Top 100 recruits collectively.

Brian Robison meets Rhett Bomar
You make some good arguments, but some of these things remain to be seen. First, the o-line is a HUGE question mark for OU. I still consider July to be a bit early to jump to conclusions as to how good or bad they will be. Kevin Wilson, the new OC might actually whip them into shape. I think Wilson will do a little better than Long as far as playcalling -- I want to see the draw plays out of the shotgun ended -- hate 'em.

As far as the OU O-line is concerned, they also lost a great blocker in J.D. Runnells (Fullback), so we'll see how that shapes up. I agree, they have a lot of work to do before October.

The OU WR corps is one of the better ones out there. Although they are young, they are absolutely loaded with talent. Malcolm Kelly, for example is as good as they come -- not to mention two Tight Ends who run well, block well, and are over 6'6" each.

Saying Texas' d-line is that much better isn't very accurate. I'd say OU's d-line is as good, if not better. Granger, the #1 DT prospect from '04 will be in the rotation for sure, there's Pendleton, and unless he takes the redshirt, we'll see the #1 DT prospect for '05 also in the DT rotation -- Gerald McCoy. At DE, we'll see Birdine back, as well as AhYou. I think that every player on OU's D-line has a good shot at not only playing in the NFL, but going pretty high in the draft.

The secondary will be a strength of OU's this year. I expect great things.

If the O-line starts playing well early, I fully expect to see an OU win over Texas this October.

-- how quickly you forget 5 in a row...
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Go Buckeyes!
Old 07-28-2006, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Man I hate Ohio State.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

lol..Ohio State is one of those teams you either love them or you hate them
Old 07-28-2006, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

The only time I've ever liked Ohio State was when they played Miami in the Orange Bowl.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock
Man I hate Ohio State.
This is the best post I've seen from you. Amen.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycat412
I like Iowa too, but they have had a tendency to choke in painful ways (painful for my Iowa alum pal valkyrie!)
LOL maybe I can help them stop that by paying for expensive houses for their players' families.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

BCS Conference winners

Atlantic Coast: Florida State (Atlantic Division)
Big East: West Virginia
Big Ten: Ohio State
Big Twelve: Texas (South Division)
Pacific Ten: Southern California
Southeastern: Auburn (Western Division)

Only two teams from the same conference can play in the Bowl Championship Series. So below is my guess (at this point in time) as to the BCS match-ups. And yes, I know it doesn't always happen, but for simplicity sake I am going with the premise that the runner-up in the ACC, Big XII, and SEC championship game will get a BCS nod.

Fiesta: California v. Nebraska (Big XII North)
Rose: Ohio State v. Southern California
Orange: Florida State v. West Virginia
Sugar: Florida (SEC East) v. Miami (ACC Coastal)

BCS Championship: Auburn v. Texas

I'll post my predictions as to who will win later.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJo19
lol..Ohio State is one of those teams you either love them or you hate them
I don't hate them, but I get sick and tired of hearing about them around here 365/24/7. They think they know football, but they have no clue.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Iowa vs. LSU, Capitol One Bowl 2005
Old 07-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

TS -- Nebraska?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbeta1
Holy crap that was the most awesome game, ever. Freaking insane.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktsnake
TS -- Nebraska?
As I said, I picked the runner-ups to go to the BCS. NU should be at the top of (win) the Big XII North. And have the Buffs at home. On a national level, bowls love NU. The fans travel and fill up stadiums regardless where they go. Throw in an upset victory at Southern California in September, and the Huskers are back on the national stage big time.