GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Beta Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,774
0 members and 1,774 guests
No Members online

Old 07-28-2000, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Question President Gore or President Bush?

Who will win the Presidential election this November?

What traits do you look for in a President?

Are YOU registered to vote? (TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!)

Please respond to one, two or all of these questions.
Old 07-28-2000, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Lightbulb

What's the difference! LOL!

Normally I tend to vote Republican (yes, I said republican) but I will be voting for Gore this year. Him and Bush are very similar on a lot of issues, but since Bush couldn't point out Bosnia on a map, I'd prefer if he wasn't in charge of the military!!

ZetaAce

PS>You don't want to get me started on politics.
Old 07-28-2000, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I am registered to vote...I am still examining both candidates so I don't know who I am going to vote for...either way I filled out my absentee ballot since I will be away at school during election time...
Old 07-29-2000, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Right now, I'm on the Bush bandwagon. I don't really consider myself a republican or democrat, but truth be told, on the whole, I am for most republican views (not all though)

But I personally feel like Gore was just there because he looked like a good Clinton replacement

But like Zetaace said, don't start me on politics
Old 07-31-2000, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
I am registered, however, I'm still reviewing both sides. This morning on Good Morning America, they said that C. Powell was supposed to speak to the Republicans. Last year when he spoke and called for more minority participation in the government, thay said that he was boo'd. This I did not know. They also interviewed Bush's wife and asked her since the past 3 first ladies have been very active in the government, what role would she play, and she said she is basically a stickler for education, which is what she knows about. When they tried to question her further about different issues she restated that she'll be more focused on education, because this is what she knows the most about. Now, I know she's not running for president, but her answers left me a bit leery. I certainly hope that Bush is not just attempting to ride in on his father's coat tail.

Any way, I'll try to keep and open mind and decide a little later.

------------------
>>>"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised... Proverbs 31:29-30

[This message has been edited by tickledpink (edited July 31, 2000).]
Old 08-01-2000, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

TickledPink- I watched the Republican National Convention in 1996 when Colin Powell was booed. He wasn't booed for his statement about minorities participating in government. He was booed for his stance on affirmative action though (he's pro-AA). It was sad to see grown people boo someone for expressing their views.

ZetaAce

Quote:
Originally posted by tickledpink:
This morning on Good Morning America, they said that C. Powell was supposed to speak to the Republicans. Last year when he spoke and called for more minority participation in the government, thay said that he was boo'd.
Old 08-03-2000, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
ZetaACe, thanks for the correction. I caught the program while rushing to get ready for work, so I probably misheard it.

Either way, you are right. It is sad for adults to boo someone. Wonder if they made that mistake THIS year?
Old 08-03-2000, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Nope, they didn't boo him this year. (Last year thy also booed him because of his views on abortion.) He got a lot of hearty applause. This year's convention is trying to focus on diversity, so they have had a lot of African American and women speakers at the podium. Which is 'interesting' to say the least.

ZetaAce
Old 08-07-2000, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

The Republican Convention is over and the Bush / Cheney ticket is set. I personally believe that Al Gore is making a HUGE mistake by selecting what most would consider to be a political unknown for his running mate.

What do you think?
Old 08-18-2000, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Vice President Gore gave a great acceptance speech last night, but will it be enough (along with the upcoming Presidential and Vice Presidential debates) to catch Governor Bush and his double digit polls lead?

[This message has been edited by Texas_Dove (edited August 18, 2000).]
Old 08-20-2000, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Queencece
I am definitely votin for Al Gore. Why?! Because he is tryin to keep up the work that Clinton was doin. He is tryin to help Blacks and the word is if Bush is Pres. then he would try to make it as much like slavery as possible. So Al Gore is gettin my vote. I mean we have come a long way to just go back even though we still have a long way to go, but I hope that once Gore is Pres. if he wins he at least keep his word on tryin to help Blacks. Thats just my opinion!
Peace and one!
Queencece
Old 09-06-2000, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Think about....
One smoked weed, the other snorted coke...
One likes soft-money, One LOVES soft money.
One's riding a good economy, the other one's riding daddy's coattails...

It seems like we have only 2 candidates but lets not for get the 3rd party "other" candidates.

Voting should not only be about making sure your guy wins. In this election, we have the unique chance to chose candidates whose views best rep. us, and our interest, not just as Blacks, but also as a country thats tired of being jerked around by crooked politicans.

I, myself, have yet to decide if I will use my vote to support 3rd party candidacy, but I will say this: Whether your candidate wins or not, it IS important that you vote. The fact that you have a voice makes you extremely powerful. Nothing makes poticians sweat more than registered voters with tough questions and zero tolerance.

Okay, to end this book, I just say, its no wonder BUSH doesn't want to come to Boston to debate...we have some questions we need answered....
Old 09-26-2000, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I AM REGISTERED, BUT I DO NOT CONSIDER MYSELF A DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN. I DEAL WITH THE ISSUES, WHICH IN THE END THEY TURN OUT TO BE LIES. RIGHT NOW, I AM LEANING HEAVILY ON AL GORE (HE IS THE MAN). I HAVE NEVER MET BUSH, BUT HE JUST RUBS ME THE WRONG WAY. ANYWAY, BIG AL HAS MY VOTE.

Old 10-11-2000, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, in my opinion Vice-President Gore won the first debate (although he came across a little rough/rude).

Who do you think won the second debate?

(I realize I am posting this prior to the debate, but I didn't know if I was going to be able to log on October 12th )

P.S. Please feel free to respond to how you think the Vice-Presidential candidates performed during their debate.
Old 10-16-2000, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Okay two debates are history with one to go.

The election is less than a month away.

Who are you voting for and will your candidate win the election?