GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,582
1 members and 2,581 guests
Tridentia

Old 10-06-2002, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

i think i care too much...

there is a event with gamma phi beta going on at my house right now...its actually right outside my window. i am getting so pissed that i had to come up to my room to take a break. our spring 2002 guys are susposed to be regulating the doors and making sure everything is going well, however there are 3 random guys who are not phi psi's who are here, and they are not keeping the doors properly closed like they were told. it seems that this is a problem over and over again. my roommate who is a spring gut comes home and he is needed to watch a door. he tells me he will be down there in 30 minutes when he has gotten ready for the party. i'm like, what? are you fucking kidding me? i just had to regulate a door that 10 minutes ago i told a spring guy to regulate. when i say him i told him he needs to be on it. his respose was "fuck you." i was so pissed.
i think i care too much about this house to see anything go bad. i dont want random guys who cause problems in our parties. i dont want the doors left wide open so we can get busted by cops or whoever...i dont know, maybe i am just buzzed and emotional. but this is something that needs to stop. its like the spring guys dont have respect for the house...its sad because the are actives now...they should have even more respect.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-06-2002, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Josh, buddy, I'm gonna pm you.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaTarzan
it sucks when you realize not everyone cares as much as you do... maybe you should have a talk with them as a fraternity, tell them that they are actives now and they really need to exhibit the same respect they gave you when they were pledges... best of luck..
Old 10-06-2002, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Not to be the bitch here, but I am pretty sure Gamma Phi Beta is not allowed to be partying at your house. You say you are buzzed, which leads me to believe this is not a dry event. So anyway, if your whole house is breaking rules, you can't get too mad at the pledges for not covering your asses while you do something you shouldn't.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:52 AM
GreekChat Member

i am ven drunked than i wa before, and i read thiss again/./////Fuck y ou!
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
Not to be the bitch here, but I am pretty sure Gamma Phi Beta is not allowed to be partying at your house. You say you are buzzed, which leads me to believe this is not a dry event. So anyway, if your whole house is breaking rules, you can't get too mad at the pledges for not covering your asses while you do something you shouldn't.
Old 10-06-2002, 06:11 AM
GreekChat Member

lol, you are wasted!

Ok, so house spirit is totally key. You gotta admit. have a one on one talk with your guys if you are worried they don't get the code of conduct. Be like, "Hey, last night it wasn't cool that there were these people in our house. That can get us in trouble. Try and keep people like that out next time. It keeps the house tight." It'll give them the message w/o pissing them off.

peace,
M
Old 10-06-2002, 08:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
I would have to completely agree with this one. Both your chapter as well as Gamma Phi Beta are breaking MAJOR rules (and I'm sure some laws as well). . . .

Hope you read this once your head clears up. . .
Old 10-06-2002, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Why is it against the rules to have a sorority partying at your house? I'm pretty sure it isn't at SDSU. It was probably just a mixer or something, because no one here gets in trouble for anything like that, sorority girls party at frat houses all the time.

Last edited by DeltaSigStan; 10-06-2002 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Maybe it was a "guest list party," that's what some people call a mixer when they plan to have alcohol there.

Any hoo...when everyone is sober and calm, perhaps you should bring it up at chapter that if you all want to have "events" at your house, then everyone has to do their job or the fun gets spoiled. Point out that you'll all been there once so it's "brotherly curtesy" to suck it up and do the assigned door check, beer check, security, etc.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Josh, there are usually fewer who really give heart and soul than the majority.

You are in the majoirty, be proud of that fact! You will get more out of your experience than others!

Not knowing the full situation at SDSU I cannot say to much, maybe Stan Can!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 10-06-2002, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not to be the bitch here, but I am pretty sure Gamma Phi Beta is not allowed to be partying at your house.

That depends on the campus.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Earp
Josh, there are usually fewer who really give heart and soul than the majority.

You will get more out of your experience than others!
Amen!
Old 10-06-2002, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, Josh has been a Greek longer than i have here, I just know it's not against the rules to have a sorority party at your house.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
Sorry the brothers aren't cooperating like they should -- I agree, sit everyone down and have a little chit-chat about what needs to happen.

If its your pledges who are supposed to handle things of that nature (the door, beer, etc.) make sure they know that not doing things right NOW means no parties later.

As for the Gamma Phi Betas... I'm sure the girls aren't doing anything wrong. Rules differ from campus to campus, and certainly from GLO to GLO -- my roommate's a tri Sigma and we're CONSTANTLY comparing notes about what I'm not allowed to do that she is, etc., etc., etc.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Stan, please fill me/us in. What is having a Soroity Party at a Fraternity House?

It could be a mixer as on previous post which means it is for those 2 groups only, is that what I am understanding?

Your the man on the fore front of the action.

If it is for those 2 Orgs. then that is suppose to be who is there only, not outsiders! Am I correct?

LX Z # 1
Alumni