GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,489
0 members and 1,489 guests
No Members online

Old 11-01-2002, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Do away with the undergrads

I saw a post somewhere that disturbed me. It said "...changed my mind about having undergrads..."

I will always be there for the undergrads. I came into Zeta as an undergrad. Why, WHy WHY????? would someone want to take that opportunity away from someone else.

I would like to know what are your feelings on the subject. Zetas, Sigmas, AKAs, Deltas, SGRhos, Alphas, Kappas Omegas, and Iotas, would you do away with the undergrads?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-01-2002, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Strive
Undergraduate chapters are needed, unfortunately most of the problems that Pan-Hell have happens on the undergrad level.

The only remedy I can think of to eliminate this problem is to ask each greek can you create an ideal member-intake program that would make everyone happy. Most of the greeks who went through the "pledging" process do not like the new MIP (Correct me if I am wrong). So we do need to think of another method.

I believe when the MIP came into being it really shock everyone in the Greek community because for some it was just thrust (force) upon them. So they did not have time to adjust to the new changes. Some people take some time to adjust to change.
Because of this sudden change, we are seeing more problems in the Greek community.

Getting rid of undergraduate chapters will be suicide for the Pan-Hellenic Council who ever thought about this apparently did not look at the entire picture.

All the Pan-Hellenic Greeks started out as undergraduate chapter. To just get rid of them would be a disagrace to the founders of each Pan-Hell Org.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Do away with UNDERGRADS!?!?!

I think that would be a major mistake for any and every sorority and fraternity out there. Take away undergrads?!?! Are they crazy? When I was on-line, that was one of the best things I have done in my life, except for the fact that it was for Zeta made it even better, but my point is I would not change a thing! They must not realize how important that phase of this is. All I know is I am definitely against getting rid of undergrads.