GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,465
0 members and 1,465 guests
No Members online

Old 08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Exactly. Percentage.

If there are more IFC/NPC chapters, and a higher percentage of them do nothing but party, it would not be a stretch to say that by this reasoning, twice as many IFC/NPC chapters do nothing but party as compared to non-IFC/NPC.

2 of 5 non-IFC/NPC chapters only party. 7 of 15 IFC/NPC chapters do.
Thus, 47% of IFC/NPC chapters have just been acused of doing nothing but partying and not caring about their standards.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-01-2006, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Um, only by your math...

I can make up numbers too: 1 out of a hundred NonIFC chapters party 4 out of 3 hundred IFC chapters party... NOW 1.33% of ALL IFC CHAPTERS have been accused of partying!

Seriously... you're taking this to a new level of overreaction.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starang21
you'd be surprised with some of the people on this site.
You make me want to kick small children. Your sole purpose on this site is to pick out anything that you could lable someone a racist with, using your skewed moronic judgement, and then run with it to the point of total ridiculousness.

Throw in one of your classic faggoty insults such as, "You have the mental capacity of an amoeba,"......and you have the perfect cliche Starang21 post. Congratulations.

Last edited by macallan25; 08-01-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock
I don't think it is forgiveness as much as the desire to be in a exclusive group. It takes very strong loyalty to not fall into the "if you can't beat them,join them" situation. I think that is just part of human desire to be accepted. Its the same as people who deny their friends to get into a top tier fraternity, abandon their beliefs about social injustice to join the social elite, etc...
I think it also has to do with the attitude of the "accepting" group (i.e. whites) toward those being "accepted" (in this case, Asians).
Old 08-01-2006, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25
You make me want to kick small children.
then grow some thicker skin, you sensitive little girl.

Quote:
"You have the mental capacity of an amoeba,"

awww...did that hurt your widdle feewings?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig
One thing that attracted me to Sigma Chi was its creed. My favorite part of the creed says: Friendships among brothers of different temperments and talents is superior to friendships among brothers of the same temperments and talents. Again, people should join groups that they are comfortable with and other people should accept their decision.
That's really nice. I like your creed
Old 08-01-2006, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Brobuzz,
You are reading WAYYYY too much into my posts, lol.

I am NOT saying that NPC/NIC organizations aren't active on my campus. What I am saying is that I see the same few people from each organization out at philanthropy events...not a slew of the 100+ people in the chapter. GW's SigEp is one of the best SigEp chapters in the country and I respect them for it. GW's ADPi is also excellent.

My interaction with those organzations was NOT just rushees like you assumed. I saw them before, during, and after they were pledging all BEFORE I even thought about joining my own organization (I pledged in the Spring).

I honestly think you are blowing this way out of proportion. Nowhere did I say that all NPC/NIC organizations are bad...in fact if you look at the missions of ALL Greek organizations you usually have something along the lines of sisterhood/brotherhood, service, academic excellence.

When I only see the same 10 people from NPC/NIC organizations out at events, it makes me wonder greatly. Additionally, many organizations send their pledges instead, so the members aren't even participating. I have some very good friends who are in NIC/NPC organizations who are just as committed to their organizations as I am committed to my own.

You blew my post way out of proportion and assumed many things based either past experiences or preconcieved notions about what people "imply" in their posts.

I strongly encourage you to take a better look at my posts before you assume things, as you will cause unnecessary stress for yourself.
National APIA Panhellenic Association (NAPA) Vice-Chair
Old 08-01-2006, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Quote:

I like seeing that you still ain't changed, lol. Fighting the good? fight

Topic?

Why question anyone's reasons for joining their organization. It comes down to they did what made them happy, and I don't know that anyone has any right to JUDGE them for it. If they wanted to party and that's why they joined, cool. If they wanted so support a specific community? Also cool. One sounds way loftier, but it's all about connecting with other people on some level anyway.

Sometimes it has got to make you think though....
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 08-01-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTRen13
That's really nice. I like your creed
Thanks, I just realized that I misidentified "The Spirit of Sigma Chi" as the creed. I went back and edited it and included the whole "spirit". It's still one of my favorites.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 08-01-2006, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Oh man, Internet Billy Badass called me a little girl. Sorry to burst your bleeding heart bubble that you live in.....but internet message boards don't get to me.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:10 PM

Back on Target...

L.O.C.K. and Ren -

Did a lot of people question your joining your respective organizations?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 08-01-2006, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh man, Internet Billy Badass called me a little girl. Sorry to burst your bleeding heart bubble that you live in.....but internet message boards don't get to me.
yea right, you're probably contemplating which children you want to kick now
Old 08-01-2006, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelyivy84
I like seeing that you still ain't changed, lol. Fighting the good? fight

Topic?

Why question anyone's reasons for joining their organization. It comes down to they did what made them happy, and I don't know that anyone has any right to JUDGE them for it. If they wanted to party and that's why they joined, cool. If they wanted so support a specific community? Also cool. One sounds way loftier, but it's all about connecting with other people on some level anyway.

Sometimes it has got to make you think though....
where you been at?????

Old 08-01-2006, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Quote:
where you been at?????

In Arizona- for the full explanation check out the Ave.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 08-01-2006, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig
L.O.C.K. and Ren -

Did a lot of people question your joining your respective organizations?
Some people are curious about it, and I've encountered a couple of challenges, but for the most part, everyone's been really cool

Around here, most white people don't really know much about BGLOs and don't recognize my letters anyway, so they don't pay any attention. With people who do know - black or white or whatever - it really depends on where I am what kind of looks I get. I think a lot of times people think I don't know what it is I'm wearing ...