GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,456
0 members and 1,456 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2024, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
School Panhels can’t prevent anyone from participating because of grades because it is the individual sororities that determine what GPA they require. Fiona Failedeveryclass might have a 1.3, but she might also be a 5 generation legacy to XYZ with more money than God and they are willing to take her on as a “grade risk.” Flies in the face of our groups’ “commitment to scholarship” but that’s XYZ’s prerogative.
I don't think that's true...Tulane Panhellenic's website says the following:
"*We strongly recommend making refundable airline reservations in case students' final fall academic record makes them ineligible to participate; those who are ineligible will not be able to move into their residence halls"

https://greek.tulane.edu/panhellenic...il-recruitment
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-13-2024, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Here are their requirements:

Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to participate in recruitment or intake, prospective members must:

be a full-time, degree-seeking Tulane student
have earned 12 hours with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA in those hours.
For students whose first semester of enrollment at Tulane will be Spring 2024, at least 6 of those 12 hours must be from graded, college-level courses accepted for credit by Newcomb-Tulane College. Because you will not have a Tulane GPA, we will use grades in all college-level courses you have taken from Summer 2023 forward to calculate your GPA and determine your eligibility. This means we will include any grades below a C if the class is approved to transfer, even though you would not earn Tulane credit, per university policy. Courses that have not been approved for transfer into the Newcomb-Tulane College will not contribute toward this calculation.
be in good standing with Tulane University.
For the purposes of recruitment and intake, good standing is defined as not having received a Student Conduct sanction of Disciplinary Probation or Deferred Suspension and not being placed on Honor Board Probation for academic misconduct.
not found responsible for a drug possession violation.
successfully complete all (6) components of our Potential New Member Education series. All information about these programs will be sent at the beginning of each fall semester month to students' Tulane email. Most requirements will be completed through the PNM Ed Series Canvas page. Students may self-enroll in the Canvas course. After November 30th, students will be manually added to the course based on registration.
Alcohol Education: My Choices, Our Legacy
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion: EverFi Training
Hazing Prevention: Tulane Hazing Prevention Module
Sexual Violence Prevention: Sexual Literacy
QPR: Question, Persuade, and Refer
Small Group Session w/ Greek Ambassadors: All potential new members MUST attend a small group session. Students can register for a session via the Office of Fraternity & Sorority Programs WaveSync page. Completion of other PNM Education Series requirements is not required to register for a session.
Specific questions regarding this program can be sent to greek@tulane.edu
These are the minimum requirements set by the University. Each fraternity or sorority has its own policies regarding membership, and many groups have higher requirements.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Alumnae Sueing Kappa for "fast tracking" a Transgender Woman for Leadership Positions, which may include National President. She is an alumna initiate and was formerly a member of Sigma Pi Fraternity.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2024/02...to-leadership/

Washington Times Article. "The sorority has seen its dues-paying alumnae membership drop by 48% since 2020, while more than 1,368 members have signed a petition calling for the council to preserve its role as a single-sex organization, according to the complaint."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-sorority-con/

Last edited by Pinkmagnolia921; 02-08-2024 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry for double posting.

Last edited by Pinkmagnolia921; 02-08-2024 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

I am just...openmouthed. I wonder if the KKG Grand Council is standing up there, "bravely" making their stand, as they have lost almost half their contributions. Great hill to die on, ladies.
Old 02-08-2024, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Did y’all catch this line from the WaPo article: “Further, all 26 organizations that are members of the National Panhellenic Conference have policies, like Kappa, that allow their collegiate chapters to admit transgender women.” ( from an official Kappa statement)
Old 02-08-2024, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I am just...openmouthed. I wonder if the KKG Grand Council is standing up there, "bravely" making their stand, as they have lost almost half their contributions. Great hill to die on, ladies.
It is really difficult to fathom. I wonder what monetary percentage those 48% represent? Could be much more that 48% of total dollars, if those alumnae are older and wealthier.
Old 02-09-2024, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Be Bold!
Old 02-09-2024, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Interested in seeing how some of these organizations are planning to keep their big mansions going.
Old 02-09-2024, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmagnolia921 View Post
Kappa Alumnae Sueing Kappa for "fast tracking" a Transgender Woman for Leadership Positions, which may include National President. She is an alumna initiate and was formerly a member of Sigma Pi Fraternity.

https://cowboystatedaily.com/2024/02...to-leadership/

Washington Times Article. "The sorority has seen its dues-paying alumnae membership drop by 48% since 2020, while more than 1,368 members have signed a petition calling for the council to preserve its role as a single-sex organization, according to the complaint."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-sorority-con/
Wow! Alumnae membership has dropped 48%???

I wonder if Ms. Tracey Nadzieja has had any previous leadership roles with Sigma Pi that would make this individual an excellent candidate for KKG's national leadership?
Old 02-09-2024, 10:36 AM

Point of Order:

Doesn't the fact that Tracey Nadzieja had previously been a member of Sigma Pi disallow membership in Kappa Kappa Gamma?

Would that fall under "not being a member of another group or similar type"?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 02-09-2024, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Wow! Alumnae membership has dropped 48%???
Dues-paying alumnae. They're still members of the org, but they're not contributing monetarily.

@~/~~~~
Old 02-09-2024, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Did y’all catch this line from the WaPo article: “Further, all 26 organizations that are members of the National Panhellenic Conference have policies, like Kappa, that allow their collegiate chapters to admit transgender women.” ( from an official Kappa statement)
We had a trans member in the late 2000's - but she had been socially transitioned since high school. She however got in on her own merits, and met all academic requirements for the chapter.
Old 02-09-2024, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ole boy here had around a 1.7.
Old 02-09-2024, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
Point of Order:

Doesn't the fact that Tracey Nadzieja had previously been a member of Sigma Pi disallow membership in Kappa Kappa Gamma?

Would that fall under "not being a member of another group or similar type"?
Yes.

Quite frankly, if I was Sigma Pi I'd be kinda pissed at being tossed for a larger and more prestigious organization. It sounds like they were absolutely willing - in fact, welcoming - to let her stay involved after her transition.

Last edited by 33girl; 02-09-2024 at 03:48 PM.
Closed Thread