GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,382
1 members and 2,381 guests
oncegreek

Old 02-13-2012, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

How did I miss this thread? I'm an alum of ULM...well it was NLU when I went there. Nicholson Hall burned down in 1999, not 20-30 years go. I graduated in 1997 and lived in the dorm for 3 1/2 years. It was so much fun. We had 4 sororities at the time since Sigma Kappa was still on campus. We each had a wing that we could decorate. We also had a chapter room which was made of three dorm rooms put together. (These were huge rooms) Our chapters were pretty big then, over 100 members before I graduated. Once the dorm burned, recruitment numbers dropped significantly. Luckily three chapters were able to hang on and spring back to the healthy chapters on campus today. Having a dorm would be a great addition to the community. Being able to live with my sisters for 3 years was a great experience that I wouldn't trade for anything.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-13-2012, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
The house is also open to non-sorority women, although sorority members get first dibs.
I was thinking that would be rather awkward for non-sorority women, but looking at the layout, it probably wouldn't be.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

kaydeeulm, in addition to the lovely apartments provided to the Auburn sorority members, each sorority has a large chapter room that includes a kitchen. some of the sororities have photos of their chapter rooms on their website. you should check them out.

i think that the chapter rooms are on the ground floor and the apartments are on upper floors (but i am not sure).

here is a link to the KD chapter room: http://www.auburnkd.com/photo-album/.../chapter-room/

and the phi mu chapter room: http://blog.auburn.edu/phi_mu/photos

Last edited by FSUZeta; 02-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.