GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,395
3 members and 1,392 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, JayhawkAOII

Old 02-02-2012, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Also, did you know that if Panhellenic voted to bring on ANOTHER group, they not you (and your friends) would choose the new sorority. That's how expansion works. Panhellenic looks for the best fit for the school, then the group comes in to colonize. At no point are you guaranteed a part in this. You may not even get a bid to the new group.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-02-2012, 10:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseypaige27 View Post
So I read all the documents on the NPC website about bringing a new chapter and I went to meet with my director of greek life. To prepare for the meeting I made a presentation of why my school needs to expand their Greek program. The director was not only rude but basically kicked me out of his office after five minutes saying no. His reasoning is that a sorority that was kicked off campus is going to be coming back on campus and that you cant have two sororities coming on at the same time. I don't ever recall reading this and have speculations to the validity of his argument. Before I go to the schools president I want to make sure that this is true. Also Im pretty sure expansion needs to be voted on by the schools NPC council. Does anyone know anything about this?
Thanks guys
The school and Panhel both have to agree that a new group is needed. If the director of Greek Life says "No," you have your answer. The school doesn't want another group at this time. The answer is "No."
Old 02-02-2012, 12:02 PM

Agreeing that it WAS stupid if the GL director actually said, in these actual words, "Two new sororities can never come onto campus at the same time." Because it happens at many campi.

But if what he really said was "We already have XYZ coming back, as we agreed with them when they left, and the numbers/facilities available do not support another sorority coming back at the same time" then you need to just LET. IT. GO. Even if you had a huge interest group (which I haven't seen that you do) this deal is done. They can't go back and change it.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=lindseypaige27;2122870]I did look at all of the sororities on my campus and they are all at capacity. And I would not want to pledge the sorority that is coming back on due to the reasons that got them kicked off. I understand that the sorority I want to bring needs to agree first but I wanted to see if I was in the wrong or not.[/QUOTE]

Yes you were.

It's not up to you to determine if your school should have a specific NPC chapter come to campus. Especially when they already have plans set for a recolonization.