GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,379
2 members and 2,377 guests
navane, PGD-GRAD

Old 07-10-2003, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Question Problem

What do you girls do when you know there is a girl that is going to be rushing, probably suciding and yet most of your chapter has a problem with her? There is a girl that is a sophmore (which isnt a big deal at my school) that was supposed to pledge with me in the spring, and didn't for whatever her reasons are. However, she acted like a sister and did everything basically but wear letters and attend meetings, and alot of us feel that she thinks is is getting a bid without a problem, and because of the way she acted and things that she did alot of us dont want her. She has also pulled some personal stuff with a few sisters and there guys (ethier good guy friends or boyfriends) This I know for a fact because she tried pulling it on me. We have been trying to convince her not to sucide but I dont think that is going to work. Any suggestions? She is for sure going through rush this fall

_________

Edited to add: We are also totally afraid of her maybe goign to a local pledging them and totally bad mouthing all of us....we dont need someone new bad mouthing us and not someone like her...that is one reason why we might not have a choice some of us feel and just take her

Patriae Multae Spes Una

Last edited by Buttonz; 07-10-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2003, 11:54 AM

If you've tried to convince her not to suicide, you've done all you can do. It's her choice. If she is so dense as to think she'd get a bid after her behavior, well, she might be flunking out soon and the problem will solve itself.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

same boat

My chapter had something siliar happen and we didn't offer the girl a bid. In fact we released her before pref (which I suggest you do this way she can't suicide your house -well she CAN but most likely won't)

Anyway this girl pledged another group and even though she bad mouthed us for a time she ended up looking bad not us.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

someone who is more of an expert with NPC regulations can correct me if i am wrong, but if your org offered her a bid in the spring and she couldn't accept it for whatever reasons, the bid is good for an entire year. she technically wouldn't have to go through rush again. she just needs to tell the chapter that she wants to accept her bid now!
Old 07-10-2003, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
She was never offered a bid....however she was about to get one when she said that she wasn't able to pledge so the girls held off on extending her a bid

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 07-10-2003, 01:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
If you advised her against suiciding, that's all you can do. If she turns around and pledges the local and bad mouths you, she looks like the sour grapes, not you!