GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,530
0 members and 2,530 guests
No Members online

Old 10-22-2012, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
Your Rho Gamma sounds awesome. I'm glad she took the time to be encouraging of you to attend the parties on your list, and to listen to you, and not to try to pressure you to sign a bid card or do something you didn't want to do. Kudos to her. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your story.
My rho gamma was honestly amazing. She didn't read anything off a script and she definitely spoke to you like you were an individual.

More coming!(:
Old 10-22-2012, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

So bid day came and went. I watched all my friends start their greek life with the house of their dreams. And I was contemplating COB, Spring, or just trying over in the fall. I actually ran into my rho gamma the first week of classes and she asked if I had signed up for COB events and I said not yet.
I came to the conclusion that If I wanted to go greek, I wanted to do the whole thing, fall rush. So I told my mom I would get to know some girls in my classes who were greek, keep my grades high, get involved in something, and make sure I secured recs for every house next year. A few of my friends went COB and got into houses so I was happy for them and told them I would be there next year(:

Oh but wait….theres more(:
Old 10-22-2012, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Loving this late October treat of a recruitment story, thanks for posting. I can't wait to read the end!
Old 10-22-2012, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

On pins and needles! Can't wait for the conclusion, as I know there's more to the story!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

So my roommate who joined Java Blue ended up dropping ON bid day. She just didn’t want the time commitment and she was out of state so she didn’t feel comfortable with the money.
We have Christian sororities on campus, and I had never looked into them because my whole summer had been devoted to getting ready and excited for Panhellenic. Two weeks into school my roommate asked me to go with her to this Christian sororities rush. She didn’t want to go alone, and she thought that maybe it would cheer me up. In my head I was like “I CANNOT get dropped by another group of girls.” But she convinced me so I tagged along with her and three other girls we had met. There were only about 15 of us that showed up to carpool. I was reluctant because you go from being in a room with 800-900 girls for Pan and then you have 15.
We all drove to the location that they told us to meet. Immediately when I walked in, I felt at home. I don’t know what it was, but I was like okay this can work.
For the entire week I looked forward to going to the rush event that night. Just like pan, it got a little bit more formal throughout the week. After the last night, they delivered our bids to us In person. And the following day was bid day.
It’s been a little over a month and I’m already so in love with my new sorority and my sisters. I’ve been initiated and I can’t wait to spend my next 4 years with these girls.
Rho Gamma’s are right. You end up where you belong. For me, it just wasn’t Panhellenic. I’ll never know what happened behind the scenes. If they lost my card, got my schedule mixed up, or it just wasn’t the conversations I thought I was having. But I know that at this moment I’m where I belong and I couldn’t imagine myself anywhere else(:
Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

How wonderful!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you that you didn't give up and found your home.

Enjoy your sisterhood!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsmiles3 View Post
So my roommate who joined Java Blue ended up dropping ON bid day. She just didn’t want the time commitment and she was out of state so she didn’t feel comfortable with the money.
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]
I am very happy for you and wish you a lot of fufillment in your new sorority.

I do have say how upset it makes me to read that your roommate accepted a bid (from one of your favorite chapters) and immediately threw it away There were SO many girls who probably would have cherished that bid that she took. Sad, sad, sad... just seems like a very selfish & inconsiderate thing to me. Hopefully they were able to extend a bid to a more appreciative girl via COB.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I am very happy for you and wish you a lot of fufillment in your new sorority.

I do have say how upset it makes me to read that your roommate accepted a bid (from one of your favorite chapters) and immediately threw it away There were SO many girls who probably would have cherished that bid that she took. Sad, sad, sad... just seems like a very selfish & inconsiderate thing to me. Hopefully they were able to extend a bid to a more appreciative girl via COB.
From my knowledge, they extended a snap bid that morning and the girl was able to participate in running home(:
Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
From my knowledge, they extended a snap bid that morning and the girl was able to participate in running home(:
OK, I feel a little better
Old 10-22-2012, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, thetalady for expressing my concerns. This is one of the things that really gets my blood boiling. A pnm has a been given a bid to a chapter that others wished for and she throws it away. The good news, if true, some young lady's day was made to receive a snap bid. All is well.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just interested View Post
Thanks, thetalady for expressing my concerns. This is one of the things that really gets my blood boiling. A pnm has a been given a bid to a chapter that others wished for and she throws it away. The good news, if true, some young lady's day was made to receive a snap bid. All is well.
And that is why you always have a list of snappable people on hand...not just of girls who went through formal rush, but ALSO friends of the sorority who hate formal rush, women who went to spring COB events, etc.

If it's something like $$ that's not going to get better, best for a girl to drop right away once she realizes so someone else can have that spot...and even if that girl that was picked up in her place couldn't have participated in bid day festivities, I guarantee you it's not really going to matter in 3 months, let alone 3 years.

allsmiles3, congratulations on finding your sisterhood!!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats allsmiles3! Great story with an even better ending
Old 10-24-2012, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3]
Just wait……….
KILLING ME.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member