GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,458
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, SSPrintingLLC
» Online Users: 2,531
0 members and 2,531 guests
No Members online

Old 02-04-2003, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up DG Colony Rush at Auburn!

As many of you know, Delta Gamma is colonizing at Auburn, and it begins TOMMOROW!!!!! So, I am starting my very own rush thread! A little about myself: I am a sophomore majoring in Human Development and Family Studies. I would be the first in my immediate family to be greek, though my aunt is an Alpha Epsilon Phi! The schedule for recruitment is:

Feb 5- Open House at 7:30
Feb 6- One on one interviews
Feb 7- Preference
Feb 8- BID DAY!!!!!!

I am nervous, but so very excited!! I think this is an amazing opportunity not only for me, but Auburn Panhellenic and other girls wanting to experience Greek Life!!

Any advice and words of encouragement will be well appreciated!! And I will be sure to keep everyone up to date!

Go DELTA GAMMA!!!!

WAAAAAAAAR EAGLE!

greek love and mine,
Laura
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-04-2003, 07:14 PM

Thumbs up

Wow! This is so exciting! I can't wait to hear how it all goes!
Old 02-05-2003, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Laura, I love your enthusiasm for Delta Gamma and I would be proud to call you my sister! Good luck with recruitment - that's quite a packed schedule!
Old 02-05-2003, 08:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Hannah
Laura, I love your enthusiasm for Delta Gamma and I would be proud to call you my sister! Good luck with recruitment - that's quite a packed schedule!
And I would be proud to call any Delta Gamma lady my sister as well. Ya'll are an amazing group of women, and no matter the outcome, I am glad I got to learn more about a WONDERFUL sorority!!
Old 02-05-2003, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Best of Luck PSPGgirl,

I have a few friends in GLO's at AU. I really admire the stregnth of their Greek System. With your enthusiasm, you should fit in perfectly...
Old 02-05-2003, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

I am always excited for colonies having been in one myself. I think I heard that 1% of greeks are founders so it's an elite company you'll find yourself in.

Good luck!
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 02-05-2003, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Wow Laura! We are finally here! We have waited a very long time for this! Best of luck! I agree with KTSnake, it's so special to get to colonize a chapter! I had a blast doing it and I really do hope you have the same fun during your recruitment!! Can't wait to hear how it goes tonight!

DG Love and Mine,
CJ
Old 02-05-2003, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone! The Open House party starts in a little over an hour! I am so excited!! And I only changed my outfit three times! I wanted to thank everyone for their encouragement, and I will post an update when I get back tonight!

greek love,

Laura
Old 02-05-2003, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I think I am even more in love with Delta Gamma!!! All the Delta Gammas there were INCREDIBLE!!! There was even an alumna from Delta Sigma (the original Auburn chapter)! What a wonderful, amazing group of women!! When one woman was talking about what DG meant to her, and how it became a home to her, I got chills! I could have cried right there! The preference ceremony will be performed by the ladies from Mississippi State, and I am hoping to be invited! My interview is tommorow at 9am, and I can't wait! Wish me luck!!

Edited to add: I think there were around 150ish girls there, but I am bad on estimating people!

Last edited by AUDeltaGam; 02-05-2003 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2003, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!!

What did they aski in the interview?
How many people were in the interview?
Where you nervous? What did you wear??
Old 02-06-2003, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Aphigal
Good luck!!

What did they aski in the interview?
How many people were in the interview?
Where you nervous? What did you wear??
I think the interview went great! The woman I talked to was just so sweet! Her son is an only child, and I am an only child, so we talked about that! And the joys of shopping She asked me what I could bring to DG, and why I wanted to be a DG! 190 girls are signed up to interview today. Campus total is 191, so Delta Gam is probably going to offer around 120 bids. Preference invites will be given out between 9 and 12 tommorow morning, and preference is that night!! Now I can't wait for tommorow!!

Oh, I wore camel colored pants, a black sweater and black boots

so much greek love,
Laura
Old 02-06-2003, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck!!!

Keep us posted on the latest.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Laura! I'm so happy the interview went well! Sounds like you did a great job! Just think, in a few days this will be all over and you'll be able to relax! I hope it's over with a happy ending. Let us know as soon as you do if you will be attending a preferance party tomorrow night!

DG Love,
CJ
Old 02-06-2003, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Which dorm will DG be in?