GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,487
0 members and 2,487 guests
No Members online

Old 01-05-2004, 04:30 PM
cutiepatootie

greater LA area

In the So calif area alone is LA NPC ALum Assoc, SAn Gabriel NPC ALum Assoc and Inland empire NPC Alum association.

As for other GLO's I am sure you can find them on their respective sites. But being proud of mine andreading your situation

Alpha Phi has UCLA, USC, Loyola Marymount,CSU Northridge, irvine,CHapman, and CSU long Beach for coll chapters.... as for Alum Chapters they all have tons of alum associations attached to them as well.

Either way best of luck in your search. I too was an alum initate and seeing GLOS welcoming more and more everyday.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-06-2004, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ms_gwyn
I used to work for Mount St. Mary's College in LA right next to (Doheny Campus) USC, and now in the process of looking another job at all the colleges and universities in the area, its been quite hard, I've haven't had a full-time job in over a year, the market is very tough in LA, but I'm also pursuing a home based business in addition to my part-time job.

Say, by any chance, are you a student affairs officer?

.....Kelly
Old 01-06-2004, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: greater LA area

Quote:
Originally posted by cutiepatootie
In the So calif area alone is LA NPC ALum Assoc, SAn Gabriel NPC ALum Assoc and Inland empire NPC Alum association.

As for other GLO's I am sure you can find them on their respective sites. But being proud of mine andreading your situation

Alpha Phi has UCLA, USC, Loyola Marymount,CSU Northridge, irvine,CHapman, and CSU long Beach for coll chapters.... as for Alum Chapters they all have tons of alum associations attached to them as well.

Either way best of luck in your search. I too was an alum initate and seeing GLOS welcoming more and more everyday.
Is it just recently that Alpha Phi has started doing more AI, or has it always been this way? I've "met" several here on GC, but none of the Alpha Phi's I've known who went undergrad seem to mention it. Is it more popular in different regions?????

Old 01-06-2004, 04:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Re: Re: greater LA area

Alpha Phi has always done AI. Frances Willard was the first Alpha Phi AI in 1875, I believe

Quote:
Originally posted by rho4life
Is it just recently that Alpha Phi has started doing more AI, or has it always been this way? I've "met" several here on GC, but none of the Alpha Phi's I've known who went undergrad seem to mention it. Is it more popular in different regions?????

Old 01-06-2004, 05:19 PM

Re: Re: greater LA area

Quote:
Originally posted by rho4life

This article states that Alpha Phi has been one of the organizations that has taken a more proactive role as far as alumna initiation is concerned.
Old 01-06-2004, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Well this is quite exciting

I've mailed the co-president of Urania and have just gotten and email from Calliope and someone hopefully will contact me within the next month.

Both orgs are wonderful and I just have to see if they are interested in AI and if I'm a good fit within each group.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, I have to talk with actual people here in the area before any type of decision is made, I just know where my heart is and I hope THAT will be confirmed.

Ms. Gwyn
Old 01-06-2004, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: greater LA area

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
This article states that Alpha Phi has been one of the organizations that has taken a more proactive role as far as alumna initiation is concerned.
methinks guys are hinting at something
Old 01-06-2004, 09:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: greater LA area

Quote:
Originally posted by ms_gwyn
methinks guys are hinting at something
nooo, just finding a link.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:16 AM

ms_gwyn,
I have added you to The List.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by navane
Say, by any chance, are you a student affairs officer?

.....Kelly
Actually Kelly,

I pretty much do Administrative Assistant/Office Manager type stuff. But I also have experience in Admissions and HR. If I qualify for an SAO position, I apply for it. I like working in Academia, most of my career has been in Higher Ed.

Ms. Gwyn
Old 01-09-2004, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck Ms. G. Just remember to spend time get to know each group of ladies, so that you find a group you feel comfortable with, so you can fully enjoy the experience
Old 02-16-2004, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

sort of an update...

I just wanted to let you all know who are interested that I haven't given up on AI or Urania.

I'm currently in a holding pattern of actually getting to speak with individual chapters!

I've have contacted 2 and haven't heard back from either and I'm waiting to contact a third until March.

I do have a couple people here on GC helping me out a bit and truly am grateful to them, since their lives come first than this situation and I understand that.

This is what I want and this is what I'll get, I will wait as long as I have to.

I don't believe that I will go to the next GLO on the list, this is the one. I know it.

Ms. Gwyn

Last edited by ms_gwyn; 02-17-2004 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:22 AM

I am wishing you luck ms. gwyn. If I can help you in any way, please PM me or email me!

Tom is a wise man (not to mention lovable)...he has great advice!
Old 02-23-2004, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

quick update

well I have a quick update that is in the right direction.

Some wonderful women here on GC have been helping me in my venture and I just found out that my name has been pass to the President of an area AC and she seemed interested in wanting to invite me to functions and getting to know me.

She has not contacted me yet (it being way to short of time) but I'm being positive and this is a step in the right direction.

Ms. Gwyn
Old 02-25-2004, 02:09 AM

Thumbs up

Sounds like you got a good start there hon!