GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,645
Threads: 115,519
Welcome to our newest member, Pinkiepolice
» Online Users: 1,317
0 members and 1,317 guests
No Members online

Old 07-01-2001, 02:37 AM

Post How involved do you /are you after graduation?

Just curious about how involved with your GLO do you wanna be, or are right now, after college? Do a lot of your members come back for your events?

We have quite a lot that come back although there are a few who immediately move out of state or are just simply too busy with life after college and we never get more than a mass chapter "what's up" email from them.

I plan to be one of our alumni advisors upon graduation, and of course, find the time to still attend events...maybe not all, but big ones like formal (i like dressing up, makes me feel like a princess),initiation,keep up with our philanthropy, or join some activities during pledging.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-01-2001, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Thumbs up

I've been out of school for two years now. I'd say I'm still very active.

I belong to an alumni chapter, where I am the secretary.

I am also the national editor for my GLO, which makes me a part of our "National Council" (sort of like a Board of Directors or Natioanl Executive Board).

As for being directly active with my undergrad chapter: I'm not as active as I'd like to be. Right after I graduated they asked me to be their new alumna advisor. I turned it down because I still had several friends that were active, and knew I could be placed in some akward positions. I try to go to as many events as I can since I'm in the same city. Since I work nights, this can be hard sometimes. I go to chapter events as well as individuals' events (like senior recitals). I've been to initiation cereomonies and recitals and things. It's amazing that in 2 years I hardly know anyone.

I do maintain their chapter web site (click on "Phi Beta" in the signature) so I am in constant email contact with a few members to keep accurate, up to date info on it. That's one way I give back to the chapter.

------------------
SilverTurtle

Phi Beta Fraternity: National Professional Association for the Creative & Performing Arts
Old 07-01-2001, 03:59 PM

It's been nearly thirty five years since I pledged. And I live over a thousand miles away.

I serve the Fraternity as a Division Vice President, and I often make it back to the Alma Mater for Homecoming.

DeltAlum
Old 07-01-2001, 04:15 PM

Arrow

I am not nearly as active as I would like to be! I would love to join an alumna chapter but the nearest one is over an hour away. There aren't any undergraduate chapters within 3 hours of me, either, that I can help with! This is amazing to me since we are, I think, the second biggest of the NPC member organizations!

I keep thinking that I would like to try to start up an alumna chapter around here which I may do once both my kids are in school and I have more free time.

------------------
@~Tracy~@

By the light of the lamp, by the light of the lamp, by the bright shiny light, by the light of the lamp...if you are a DeeZee, you're the best that you can be, by the bright shiny light of the lamp!
Old 07-01-2001, 05:29 PM
UMgirl

I will be an official alumnae of my chapter in August and I plan on joining the junior circle that is in my city (if you dont know what a junior circle is, its an alumnae club for those 35 and younger and we dont have a regular one). I am also going to maintain my chapter's webiste for a year and attend bid day, initiation and a couple of dances.

------------------
"Its Great To Be A Mich-igan AGD! "
Old 07-01-2001, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I was active for some years and backed off! I am Now Back and very Active in My Chapter and International!

Basically You are a member of your FRATERNITY/SOROITY for life! What you as an individual do is up to you and your desire to do what you learned and love. After 37 years I still love and do for My Fraternity and proudly do it! Now do you!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 07-02-2001, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess I should tell how active,
Founded a Core Group to work on building a new house: this in turn led to starting an Alum Association, mentoring group, and being on the House Commitee.
I am also the Oficial Locater of my Alums, to find, and get updated info including e-m from when I started with 10 now @ 190.
By doing this, we had over 80 Alums back for our 35 th Anniversary at Founders Day! More than ever be for. It takes a lot of hard work, but Damn is it worth it!!!!!!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 07-02-2001, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose:
I am not nearly as active as I would like to be! I would love to join an alumna chapter but the nearest one is over an hour away. There aren't any undergraduate chapters within 3 hours of me, either, that I can help with! This is amazing to me since we are, I think, the second biggest of the NPC member organizations!
Have you gotten involved in Surfing Sisters, KillarneyRose? It's a great way to keep in touch with DZ alums, and a lot of women who post on the board are in the same predicament you are - no chapters nearby. I'll be glad to put you in touch with Surfing Sisters if you aren't a member already!