GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Phi Epsilon

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,183
2 members and 1,181 guests
LarryByday, Low D Flat

Old 05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Brother Mentor Challenge

Does anyone have a successful Brother Mentor Challenge in place for brothers to participate in after they successfully go through the Epsilon Ritual? I and two others will be heading up the BM Challenge to help involve the older members that would otherwise become complacent and apathetic in SigEp after initiation if they don't become involved in other ways in the chapter. Let me know what you all think. Thanks guys.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-04-2009, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess our Epsilon Challenge is good. My big bro and 4 other guys just went through a few months ago. From looking at the packet it seemed like it was really thorough and accomplished what the program should. Still though, a lot of our guys aren't motivated to push to BM. They stay active but they don't pursue further stages of the BMP.

Last edited by pshsx1; 05-14-2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Mispoke: Meant to say Epsilon Challenge, not BM Challenge
Old 05-04-2009, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Awesome! Seems like you guys have something good set up. Each person is motivated in different ways. Is that packet something that you have electronically? If not, what are some things from that packet that the potential Brother Mentors did? Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Actually, I believe I misspoke when I said "Brother Mentor Challenge after Epsilon ritual." I believe I am looking for information on an effective Epsilon Challenge to lead up to the Brother Mentor ritual. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, we do have it electronically actually.

Let's see.. some of the stuff includes:

Expectations of Epsilon Challengers:
- Participate in the Epsilon Rite of Passage and Interpretation
- Receive your Founder’s Badge pin
- Review your Oath of Obligations
- Read selected excerpts from the Lifetime Responsibility of Brotherhood
- Attend bi-weekly Epsilon meetings

And then the packet is broken up into Self, Chapter, and Community.

Last edited by pshsx1; 07-23-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey I'm MO Lambda chapter and we need a Brother Mentor can anyone let me know where to find a chapter near us that can help. Thanks Drew Leapley
Old 02-10-2010, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

http://sigep.org/chapters/default.asp

Click Missouri and contact any of those chapters.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
kckrupp

Hey,

I'm the Brother Mentor Challenge coordinator at Illinois Beta. We redesigned our Epsilon Challenge a few years back while I was running it as an undergrad and we saw a lot of success (we had 8 brothers to through to BM within the first year of its implementation). I based our program off of, I think, Minnesota Alpha's program. I'll upload a copy of our program to DropBox when I get home so you guys can look it over.

The best things we've found to build motivation are:

1) Making Challenge Requirements a part of our Epsilon Meetings. The first 10-15 minutes of a meeting manage Challenge business and announcements. Then we go into the Meeting event.

2) Posting a tracker where everyone can see it. This builds competition between Challenge members and creates accountability. Make it big so you can read it easily and put bit red check marks with sharpie on it.

3) Have their challenge mentors play a role in game-planning with them. When Epsilons do their monthly goals they then have to sit down with their mentors and go over the Epsilon Challenge checklist from The Quest. The mentor talks about when the Epsilon wants to go through to BM and they set a goal to get a certain number of the things on the list accomplished that semester based on the deadline they set together.