GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,415
1 members and 2,414 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-16-2002, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
I always have to root for Chi Omega since I am a legacy. Congrats on your new sisterhood ballerina! Start taking pictures NOW and keep everything (nametags, decorations, welcome cards, invitation to membership) so that you can keep an awesome scrapbook of your memories! The best is yet to come!

And congratulations to Chi Omega!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-16-2002, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!

Congratulations Chi Omega on gaining a new sister!
Congratulations to Ballerina on gaining a sisterhood!
Go Blazercheer, it's just the start of your college cheering career!
Thank you Carnation for letting us experience this Rush with your family.

Go VSU, they're lucky to have Blazercheer and Ballerina.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

WOO HOO!! I am so excited for Ballerina, and I am so proud that she will be joining our sisterhood!! Yes yes!! I am so happy, tell her congrats a million times!!
Old 08-16-2002, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

WOO HOO!! I am so excited for Ballerina, and I am so proud that she will be joining our sisterhood!! Yes yes!! I am so happy, tell her congrats a million times!!

Chi O love and mine,
Jenn
Old 08-16-2002, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

I finally heard from Ballerina and she is so happy to be Greek! She said, "Mom, do you realize how wonderful it is to be walking across campus in your very own letters?"

Anyway, she loves XO, loved rush, had a super time at prefs, and agonized and cried with her Gamma Chi last night about what order to put the sororities in on her bid card. She adored Phi Mu too and ran up to them after she met her sisters and made sure that she would still get to get together with the ones she had gotten close to. I assured her that being in one sorority doesn't keep you from being close friends with women in other sororities as well as with independents. Since Valdosta doesn't have houses or floors, it's very likely!

BlazerCheer has started cheer practice now, thank the Lord, and was happy when I talked to her a few hours ago. They're all going out to eat together and she has already gotten to be good friends with a couple of the women.

She'll be busy with that and pre-med studies but Mr. Carnation and I still hope and pray for a bid for her at some point during the year. She's a dream Greek--committed, smart, and hard-working!
Old 08-16-2002, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TaraHopeful
Congrats to both Bellerina and Blazercheer for all you have both accomplished! Blazercheer: I hope that all goes well for you in your cheering and pre-med careers! Ballerina: Congrats on Chi O! They're lucky to have you hun! I hope my rush goes as well as yours has.
And a special congrats to carnation to staying the cool headed woman that she is! Time to pamper yourself for being such a good mom....off to the spa!
Old 08-16-2002, 08:07 PM

I'm so happy Ballerina went Chi Omega; I was secretly pulling for them the whole time. Some of the most awesome women I know are Chi-O's, and I have no doubt she will carry on the tradition most splendidly!

Glad to hear that BlazerCheer has started cheering. I wish I had the opportunity to watch her strut her stuff; she's pretty much reached the apex of her sport so she must be an incredible athlete. Good luck to her!

Carnation - now you can finally breathe easy for awhile; sounds like two more of your chicks are comfortable in their new nests. I love the response this thread has gotten; all of these sorority women who are stereotyped as "b**chy" and "cold" showing how much they care about the fortunes of two young ladies most of them have never met. AND, Carnation, I think it's also a reflection of the high regard in which you are held by us!
Old 08-16-2002, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Killarney,no way in heaven could anyone say it better.
May I just add a "Ditto" to all you have said!
Old 08-16-2002, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

So many congratulations to you and your daugher, Carnation!
Old 08-16-2002, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to Ballerina!! Think of all the owl stuff you can give!

Hopefully, we can get together when WGa. plays Valdosta! I'll bet blazercheer will be a wonderful cheerleader..sounds like she has the right spirit!
Old 08-16-2002, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I am happy for Ballerina and hopeful for Blazercheer. Classes haven't even started yet, and she's already learned she has to find her own way -- quite an education in a week's time. They'll both do fine.

Sometimes, ESPN airs college cheerleading competitions. Carnation, you'll have to let us know if her squad will be on one of those shows so we can watch!
Old 08-16-2002, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Cardinal and straw....she has two of the best colors!

I am reminded of how mysterious and wonderful our membership choices are. "We chose and were chosen" goes a verse in an obscure Alpha Gam song.

Congratulations to Ballerina! And may you sleep well tonight, Mama Carnation!
Old 08-16-2002, 10:39 PM

Carnation,

Congratulations!

I may have told you, but the first two sorority women I met in college (Freshman Honors English class) were a Pi Phi and a Chi O. They were both really bright, beautiful, friendly young women!
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

congrats!!!

Congratulations Ballerina, Carnation, and Chi Omega!!! She chose a great organization! Best of luck...

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 08-17-2002, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via AIM to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via Yahoo to HeavenslilAngel
I just wanted to congratulate Ballerina on being a Chi-O and say good luck with your cheering to Blazercheer.

Last edited by HeavenslilAngel; 08-17-2002 at 12:56 AM.