GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,315
1 members and 1,314 guests
acg233

Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Everyone has given you such good advice and you seem truly interested in making the best of the situation. The only thing I can add is to become a leader. This is your chance to be a leader in your chapter. Start by getting to know your pledge class. I am sure there are other girls who have similar feelings. All it takes is one strong group of dedicated women to transform a chapter. Decide that you're going to work to foster the sisterhood in your pledge class, make that your goal. Hopefully, the other stuff will follow. :-)
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Something that grows over time may prove to be far more REAL than that "love at first sight" feeling.
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/fiddl...oyouloveme.htm
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry you are having a a bit of a struggle as a new member. It can be daunting to be cut by your favorite groups, especially when it is difficult to bond with your sisters. Good advice here.

I'm going to add one more suggestion. Fall in love with your national organization. Learn everything you can about your sorority's history, founders, symbols, special stories, values and philanthropy. I have fallen in love with many sororities I will never join, just through learning about them on GC. How much more if it's your own. No one can tell you whether to stay or drop and go through rush next year, but learning all you can about the national org behind your chapter could make a difference. Good luck to you.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

OP should read this thread if she hasn't already:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=129841
Old 10-09-2012, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
I'm going to add one more suggestion. Fall in love with your national organization. Learn everything you can about your sorority's history, founders, symbols, special stories, values and philanthropy. I have fallen in love with many sororities I will never join, just through learning about them on GC. How much more if it's your own. No one can tell you whether to stay or drop and go through rush next year, but learning all you can about the national org behind your chapter could make a difference. Good luck to you.
Me, too, Katmandu. OP, go read what I wrote to kateee. I think it applies to your situation here as well. Wishing you a happy ending. Don't quit before the miracle happens, is what I tell myself. Then again, I do know when to cut my losses (that is an age-related benefit).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Row View Post
You need to stop thinking about the what ifs and being concerned about tiers. That will crush your soul.
The three weeks that you have spent in September and October of 2012 may be but a passing memory compared to the three decades, or much more, that you may have with your new sisters, if you choose to accept them.

The other sororities will be the world in which you and your sisters will live, but only your sorority will be your sisters. It is an opportunity that most people will not have and thoughts of tiers will indeed, crush you soul.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

I wonder whatever happened to the OP. Did she stick with it in this chapter, drop and join another, or drop and not get a second chance? She never posted again outside of this thread. She would probably be graduated by now.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

I've been looking for this. New members, I hope you'll read this if you're not feeling thrilled about your new letters.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Yes! The more you put into it, the more you get to know the people in the chapter, the better your experience will be.