GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,280
2 members and 1,278 guests
aangelasuasd942, naraht

Old 03-28-2012, 08:24 AM
GreekChat Member

^^ That's what I'm screamin'.
Simma down, sima_whatever_you_name_is!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

My sister-in-law just had baby #2 (baby #1 is about 2 years old) and two of my brother-in-laws are expecting with their new wives. This will make 18 nieces & nephews and 4 of my siblings-in-law haven't even started yet. For an only child who has 5 total cousins, this is overwhelming.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish Cadbury Mini Eggs were available year round instead of just at Easter.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
My sister-in-law just had baby #2 (baby #1 is about 2 years old) and two of my brother-in-laws are expecting with their new wives. This will make 18 nieces & nephews and 4 of my siblings-in-law haven't even started yet. For an only child who has 5 total cousins, this is overwhelming.
Holidays will get more fun, huh? hehehe
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-28-2012, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I've survived much worse than what's going on but I just feel like complaining, so indulge me lol. I've had a sore throat for almost a week now and I thought it was just allergies. The pain kept me awake until 4 this morning When I got up this morning I got a flashlight and checked it out and (warning: icky stuff ahead) my left tonsil had ruptured. I don't handle medical things or blood & guts very well, and it was a pretty nasty sight. I got super lightheaded and laid down on the couch for awhile, then drove myself to an urgent care clinic. Over a span of 3.5 hours, they told me I have strep and gave me two shots in the butt. Not thrilling. I had to lie down again after those because I got super lightheaded. Now I'm home, waiting for my prescriptions (all three of them?!) to be filled, just feeling plum sorry for myself. I wanted to go home tomorrow, too. I still might, even though the doctor said I probably should just be taking things easy. I just want to be home! Especially when I'm sick. Woe is me
Old 03-28-2012, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Today at UNM, we mourn the loss of Sigma Chi brother Garrett Elders. Rest in Peace brother, may you hurt no more.

"God shall wipe all tears from their eyes;
and there shall be no more death, nor crying,
neither shall there be any more pain:
for the former things are passed away." -Revelation 21:4
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetaj View Post
I've survived much worse than what's going on but I just feel like complaining, so indulge me lol. I've had a sore throat for almost a week now and I thought it was just allergies. The pain kept me awake until 4 this morning When I got up this morning I got a flashlight and checked it out and (warning: icky stuff ahead) my left tonsil had ruptured. I don't handle medical things or blood & guts very well, and it was a pretty nasty sight. I got super lightheaded and laid down on the couch for awhile, then drove myself to an urgent care clinic. Over a span of 3.5 hours, they told me I have strep and gave me two shots in the butt. Not thrilling. I had to lie down again after those because I got super lightheaded. Now I'm home, waiting for my prescriptions (all three of them?!) to be filled, just feeling plum sorry for myself. I wanted to go home tomorrow, too. I still might, even though the doctor said I probably should just be taking things easy. I just want to be home! Especially when I'm sick. Woe is me
I hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
England has them year round.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've survived much worse than what's going on but I just feel like complaining, so indulge me lol . . . said I probably should just be taking things easy. I just want to be home! Especially when I'm sick. Woe is me
Get better very soon!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I've seen a similar product at Target around Christmastime.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM

I'm going to have to find a different time for my weekly allergy shots.

I get my shots on Tuesdays. The office is open for three hours, between 3:30 and 6:30, and I can go any time within that window. You get your shot, and then you have to sit and wait for 20-30 minutes to ensure you don't have an immediate allergic reaction to the shot.

Two weeks ago, I went right at 3:30 and got stuck behind a school bus that seemed to stop at every.freaking.house.on.the.road.

Last week, I got so wrapped up with work that I didn't go over until about 5:30. I ran into a bunch of rush-hour traffic, even though I take back streets - seriously, three light cycles to get through the intersection with Route 1? And then, while I was in my waiting period after my shot, in came a mother with her two-year-old brat who proceeded to SCREECH and SCREAM and climb all over the furniture while mom just sat there and pretended the brat wasn't hers. Finally she pulled out some kind of toy that played a stupid children's song over and over again - LOUDLY and without headphones. ARRRRRRRRRRGH. I'm not sure if the mother or the kid was the patient, but if the mother was the patient, the kid should have been at home with dad, or at a friend's house, or she should be going for her shots on Saturdays when dad's around to mind the kid - the kid should NOT have been in the office unless he was the patient.

I can't win.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Rug burns are awful. Owie.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Funny inn't? I think the blow was that I was so close to straight As that 4 out of 5 is frustrating. If I'd gotten 2 or 3 Bs, it wouldn't feel like I just missed out. Also, I measure my proficiency by grades. If I got a B- does that mean there's a whole world of stuff that I just didn't get? Will it hurt me practicing in the field that so much clearly went over my head? What if those exam questions missed were crucial concepts that I'm just a total dunce about and not understanding them ruins my chances of being successful??? #catastrophizing
There is always Wikipedia and pretending to know what's going on, CG. How do you think the rest of us manage?
Old 03-28-2012, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

five more weeks. five more weeks and then graduation, but more importantly, only 8 days until i find out if i was accepted into JVC... the wait is killing me
Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I have said it before and I must say it again:

I am annoyed by people with squeaky voices (for nonmedical reasons).

I am annoyed by people with whispery voices (for nonmedical reasons).

Add some bass to your voice. You sound like a cartoon character.

Stop whispering! The world does not have to pause to listen to you!
As RuPaul said "Covergirl, put the bass in your walk!" perhaps you should do a remix with the Ying Yang Twins Wait (tha whisper song). I personally don't care for uptalkers who always sound as if they are asking a question?

Quote:
Do what I do with Girl Scout Cookies and buy a whole bunch to put in your freezer to enjoy year round. You could also look into purchasing from an importer and freezing a case.

Quote:
Make sure to follow up if you're still feeling super crummy. It took a year and a lot of antibiotics I'm now resistant to for a doctor to decide that my tonsils and adenoids were being removed. I had strep so much as a baby that probably didn't help the antibiotics situation, I remember it was pink liquid and did not have an artificial flavor to help "the medicine go down" any easier. Even though I had tonsils and adenoids removed my adenoids grew back and they've been removed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
I'm going to have to find a different time for my weekly allergy shots.

I get my shots on Tuesdays. The office is open for three hours, between 3:30 and 6:30, and I can go any time within that window. You get your shot, and then you have to sit and wait for 20-30 minutes to ensure you don't have an immediate allergic reaction to the shot.

Two weeks ago, I went right at 3:30 and got stuck behind a school bus that seemed to stop at every.freaking.house.on.the.road.

Last week, I got so wrapped up with work that I didn't go over until about 5:30. I ran into a bunch of rush-hour traffic, even though I take back streets - seriously, three light cycles to get through the intersection with Route 1? And then, while I was in my waiting period after my shot, in came a mother with her two-year-old brat who proceeded to SCREECH and SCREAM and climb all over the furniture while mom just sat there and pretended the brat wasn't hers. Finally she pulled out some kind of toy that played a stupid children's song over and over again - LOUDLY and without headphones. ARRRRRRRRRRGH. I'm not sure if the mother or the kid was the patient, but if the mother was the patient, the kid should have been at home with dad, or at a friend's house, or she should be going for her shots on Saturdays when dad's around to mind the kid - the kid should NOT have been in the office unless he was the patient.

I can't win.
If not the doctor you're seeing, perhaps look into another one who will allow you to inject yourself. The allergist here allows adults to inject themselves after a training, an epi pen prescription getting filled, and finding an adult to supervise injections. You have a husband so it would be easier for you than it was on me, I often injected myself at work so my assistant(s) were around since I'm a single lady who put her own ring on it.